And that wasn't a difficult diagnosis to make.
這不是一個困難的診斷。
I made it and I set to work treating her.
作出診斷后我開始著手幫她治療。
I gave her aspirin. I gave her medications to relieve the strain on her heart.
我開給了她阿司匹林,并給了她一些可以減輕她心臟負擔的藥物。
I gave her medications that we call diuretics, water pills, to get her to pee out the access fluid.
我還給了她一些利尿劑,俗稱水丸,幫助她將體內多余的水分排出。
And over the course of the next hour and a half or two, she started to feel better.
在接下來的一兩個小時里,她開始覺得好轉。
And I felt really good. And that's when I made my first mistake; I sent her home.
我也感到高興。而就在此時我犯了第一個錯誤:我讓她回了家。
Actually, I made two more mistakes. I sent her home without speaking to my attending.
正確的來說,我還犯了兩個錯誤。我在和我的主治匯報之前便讓她回了家。
I didn't pick up the phone and do what I was supposed to do,
我沒有做我照著我應該做的,
which was call my attending and run the story by him so he would have a chance to see her for himself.
拿起電話打給我的主治并讓他看一下這個案例,給他一個親自見見這名病患的機會。
And he knew her, he would have been able to furnish additional information about her.
我的主治認識她,因此可以提供更詳細的病歷資料。
Maybe I did it for a good reason. Maybe I didn't want to be a high-maintenance resident.
或許我有這么做的理由?;蛟S我并不想做一個需要經常地指導的實習醫生。
Maybe I wanted to be so successful and so able to take responsibility
也許我太想可以獨當一面,
that I would do so and I would be able to take care of my attending's patients without even having to contact him.
可以不需要和我的主治溝通便照顧好他的病患。
The second mistake that I made was worse.
而我犯的第二個錯誤更加嚴重。
In sending her home, I disregarded a little voice deep down inside that was trying to tell me,
在讓她回家時,我忽視了我內心一個微小的聲音。這個聲音試圖告訴我:
"Goldman, not a good idea. Don't do this."
“高德曼,這樣不好,不要這么做?!?/div>
In fact, so lacking in confidence was I that I actually asked the nurse who was looking after Mrs. Drucker,
其實,當時的我是如此的沒有自信,以至于我甚至向照顧Drucker女士的護士尋求了意見:
"Do you think it's okay if she goes home?"
“你覺得讓她回家好么?”
And the nurse thought about it and said very matter-of-factly, "Yeah, I think she'll do okay."
那位護士想了想,然后就事論事的說:“嗯,我覺得沒有問題?!?/div>
I can remember that like it was yesterday.
這一切對我來說,都還像是發生在了昨天。
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
additional | [ə'diʃənl] |
想一想再看 adj. 附加的,另外的 |
||
strain | [strein] |
想一想再看 n. 緊張,拉緊,血統 |
||
relieve | [ri'li:v] |
想一想再看 v. 減輕,救濟,解除 |
聯想記憶 | |
confidence | ['kɔnfidəns] |
想一想再看 adj. 騙得信任的 |
聯想記憶 |