Fast-forward to Pennsylvania, where I find myself today.
快進到賓州,我現在住的地方。
I teach at the Science Leadership Academy,
我在科學領導學院教書,
which is a partnership school between the Franklin Institute and the school district of Philadelphia.
它是富蘭克林學院和費城學區協同的合辦的。
We are a nine through 12 public school, but we do school quite differently.
我們是一間9年級到12年級的公立高中,但我們的教學方式很不一樣。
I moved there primarily to be part of a learning environment that validated the way that I knew that kids learned,
我起初搬到那里是為了親身參與一個教學環境,一個可以證實我所理解孩子可以有效學習方式的方式,
and that really wanted to investigate what was possible when you are willing to let go of some of the paradigms of the past,
一個愿意探索所有可能性的教學環境,當你愿意放棄一些過去的標準模式,
of information scarcity when my grandmother was in school and when my father was in school and even when I was in school,
放棄我祖母和我父親上學的那個年代,甚至是我自己念書的那個年代,因為信息的稀缺,
and to a moment when we have information surplus.
到一個我們正處于信息過剩的時代。
So what do you do when the information is all around you?
所以你該怎么處理那些環繞在四周的知識?
Why do you have kids come to school if they no longer have to come there to get the information?
你為什么要孩子們來學校,如果他們再也不需要特意到學校獲得這些知識?
In Philadelphia we have a one-to-one laptop program,
在賓州,我們有一個人人有筆記本的項目,
so the kids are bringing in laptops with them everyday, taking them home, getting access to information.
所以這些孩子每天帶著他們筆記本電腦,帶著電腦回家,隨時學習知識。
And here's the thing that you need to get comfortable with when you've given the tool to acquire information to students,
有一件事你需要學著適應的是,當你給了學生工具,讓他們可以自主取得知識,
is that you have to be comfortable with this idea of allowing kids to fail as part of the learning process.
你得適應一個想法,那就是允許孩子失敗,把失敗視為學習的一部分。
We deal right now in the educational landscape with an infatuation with the culture of one right answer
我們現在面對教育大環境,帶著一種迷戀單一解答的文化,
that can be properly bubbled on the average multiple choice test,
一種靠選擇題折優的文化,
and I am here to share with you: it is not learning.
而我在這里要告訴你們,這不是學習。
That is the absolute wrong thing to ask, to tell kids to never be wrong.
去要求孩子們永遠不可以犯錯,這絕對是個錯誤。
To ask them to always have the right answer doesn't allow them to learn.
要求他們永遠都要有正確的解答而不允許他們去學習。
So we did this project, and this is one of the artifacts of the project.
所以我們實施了這個項目,這就是這個項目中一件作品。
I almost never show them off because of the issue of the idea of failure.
因為我們對于錯誤與失敗的觀念,我幾乎從來沒有展示過這些。