Conversation A
對話A
Linda: That's a big storm outside!
琳達:外面的暴風雨好大啊!
Susie: Did you hear the thunder?
蘇西:你聽到打雷了嗎?
Linda: Yes. I love the sound of rain and thunder.
琳達:聽到了。我喜歡雨和雷電的聲音。
Susie: So do I. But Rob doesn't. He doesn't like cold and rainy weather.
蘇西:我也是。但是羅布不是。他不喜歡冷的、下雨的天氣。
Linda: Will he come to the Jungle Café today?
琳達:他今天會來叢林咖啡嗎?
Susie: Yes. He can't stay in the studio all day.
蘇西:會的。他不會整天待在攝影棚里的。
Linda: Ha! But he will try! It is freezing outside.
琳達:哈!但是他一定會盡量待在那里的!外面凍死了。
Conversation B
對話B
Taylor: Susie, where is Alex? Is he here?
泰勒:蘇西,阿萊克斯在哪里?他在這里嗎?
Susie: He was here. But he went back to the studio.
蘇西:他剛剛在這里。不過他回攝影棚了。
Taylor: Already?! I have this raincoat for him.
泰勒:已經回去了?我把這件雨衣給他拿來了。
Susie: Well, he left. He probably got wet on the way back.
蘇西:恩,他已經走了。他可能會在回來的路上被淋濕。
Taylor: I told Alex to wait here.
泰勒:我告訴阿萊克斯要在這里等的。
Susie: Well, he had to go.
蘇西:恩,他不得不走。
Taylor: Poor Alex. I'll hurry to the studio and give him this coat.
泰勒:可憐的阿萊克斯。我要趕緊趕到攝影棚,給他這件外衣。
Conversation C
對話C
Rob: Alex! Why are you so wet?
羅布:阿萊克斯!為什么你身上這么濕?
Alex: It's raining.
阿萊克斯:外面在下雨。
Rob: I know. But where is your umbrella or raincoat?
羅布:我知道了。不過你的雨傘和雨衣呢?
Alex: My coat is at home, and so is my umbrella. It wasn't raining when I left this morning.
阿萊克斯:我的外衣在家里,我的雨傘也是。我今早出門時外邊還沒下雨。
Rob: That's too bad.
羅布:太慘了。
Alex: I don't like getting wet. Taylor promised to bring me a coat. But I had to go.
阿萊克斯:我不喜歡淋濕的感覺。泰勒答應給我拿一件外衣的。但是我不得不離開。
Rob: Well, let's get you a towel. Come on!
羅布:恩,我去給你拿一條毛巾吧。走吧!