I want our youth to grow up to achieve great things.
我希望我們的年輕人長大以后能有所成就。
I want our poor to have their chance to rise.
我希望我們的窮人能有發達的機會。
So tonight, I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties — Democrats and Republicans,
因此今晚,我愿意和兩黨合作,民主黨人和共和黨人,
to protect our citizens of every background, color, religion, and creed.
保護我們的公民,無論他們的背景、膚色、宗教和信仰。
My duty, and the sacred duty of every elected official in this chamber, is to defend Americans,
我的職責,這個屋子里每一個選舉官員的神圣職責是捍衛美國人民,
to protect their safety, their families, their communities, and their right to the American dream.
保衛他們的安全、家庭、群體、和實現美國夢的權利。
Because Americans are dreamers, too.
因為美國人也是夢想者。
Here tonight is one leader in the effort to defend our country,
今晚我們請到了一位捍衛國家事業的佼佼者,
Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Celestino Martinez. He goes by DJ. And CJ. He said call me either one. So we'll call you CJ.
國土安全調查局的特別探員切雷斯蒂諾·馬丁內茲。他的代號是DJ和CJ。他說,我叫哪個都可以,所以我叫他CJ。

Served 15 years in the Air Force before becoming an ICE agent
他在空軍服役十五年,然后成為移民與海關執法局探員,
and spending the last 15 years fighting gang violence and getting dangerous criminals off of our streets. Tough job.
用十五年打擊黑社會暴力犯罪,與街上危險的犯罪分子斗爭。是份苦差事。
At one point, MS-13 leaders ordered CJ's murder, and they wanted it to happen quickly.
有一次,MS-13的頭目下令殺了CJ,而且他們想盡快行動。
But he did not cave to threats or to fear.
但他沒有被嚇倒。
Last May, he commanded an operation to track down gang members on Long Island.
去年五月,他在長島指揮了一次追蹤匪幫的行動,
His team has arrested nearly 400, including more than 220 MS-13 gang members.
他的團隊一下子抓獲了近400個幫派分子,其中超過220個來自MS-13幫。
And I have to tell you what the Border Patrol and ICE have done.
我必須告訴你們邊境巡邏隊和移民海關執法局的成就。
We have sent thousands and thousands and thousands of MS-13 horrible people out of this country or into our prisons.
我們將數千名MS-13的恐怖成員送出了我們的國土,或者是送進了我們的監獄。