I am walking to work. It takes 15 minutes.
我走路去上班,整段路程需要十五分鐘。
First, I pass a school. Then I pass a pet shop and a park.
首先,我要經過一所學校。接著經過一家寵物店和一座公園。
Sometimes I stop at the pet shop. I look at the cats in the window.
我有時候會在寵物店前停下腳步,看看窗戶里的貓咪。
But all the lights are off. The shop is closed today.
不過,現在燈光完全沒亮。寵物店今天沒有營業。
Near the park, I get a phone call. I answer the phone. It is a police officer.
我走到公園附近時收到一通來電。我接起了電話。他是一名警察。
"A man took money from the bank this morning! He is tall.
“今天早上有一名男子搶了銀行!他很高。
He is wearing black pants and a black shirt. And he has a backpack," the police officer says.
穿著黑色長褲和黑色襯衫,背著一個背包。”該警察說道。
"Thank you," I say to the officer. Then I see a man with a backpack in the park.
我對那名警察說道:“謝謝”。然后我就在公園里看到了一名背背包的男子。
He is wearing black pants and a black shirt.
他穿著黑色長褲和黑色襯衫。
I walk toward him. He looks nervous.
我走向他。他看起來很緊張。
"Hi, I have a question for you," I say.
我說道:“嗨,我有個問題要問你。”
"Where were you this morning?" I ask him.
我問他:“今天早上的時候你在哪里?”
He thinks for a second. Then he says, "Well, I was at... the pet shop!
他想了一會兒。然后說道:“呃..我當時在寵物店!
I want a new cat. But I don't like any of the cats there."
我想要一只新的貓咪。但是那里的貓我都不喜歡。”
"Nice try," I say. "Let me see your backpack."
我說道:“得了吧。給我看看你的背包吧。”