That will do. Now wet the lip of the phial.
夠了。現在用水把瓶口抹一下。
I did so. He measured twelve drops of a crimson liquid, and presented it to Mason.
我這么做了。他滴了十二滴深紅色液體,把它遞給梅森。
Drink, Richard. It will give you the heart you lack, for an hour or so.
喝吧,理查德,它會把你所缺乏的勇氣鼓起來,保持一小時左右。
But will it hurt me? Is it inflammatory?
可是對身體有害嗎?有沒有刺激性?

喝呀!喝呀!喝呀!
Mr. Mason obeyed, because it was evidently useless to resist.
梅森先生服從了,顯然抗拒也無濟于事。
He was dressed now. He still looked pale, but he was no longer gory and sullied.
這時他已穿戴停當。看上去仍很蒼白,但已不再血淋淋,臟兮兮。
Mr. Rochester let him sit three minutes after he had swallowed the liquid. He then took his arm.
羅切斯特先生讓他在喝了那液體后,又坐了三分鐘。隨后握住他胳膊。
“Now I am sure you can get on your feet,” he said, “try.”
“現在,你肯定站得起來了,”他說,“試試看。”
The patient rose.
病人站了起來。
Carter, take him under the other shoulder.
卡特,扶住他另一個肩膀。
Be of good cheer, Richard. Step out — that's it!
理查德,振作起來,往前跨 — 對啦!
“I do feel better,” remarked Mr. Mason.
“我確實感覺好多了”梅森先生說。
I am sure you do.
我相信你是這樣。
Now, Jane, trip on before us away to the backstairs, unbolt the side-passage door,
嗨,簡,你先走,跑在我們前頭,到后樓梯去把邊門的門栓拉開,
and tell the driver of the post-chaise you will see in the yard or just outside,
告訴在院子里能看到的驛車車夫 — 也許車子就在院子外頭,
for I told him not to drive his rattling wheels over the pavement — to be ready. We are coming.
因為我告訴他別在人行道上駕車,弄得輪子扎扎響 — 讓他準備好。我們就來了。
And, Jane, if any one is about, come to the foot of the stairs and hem.
還有,簡,要是附近有人,你就走到樓梯下呼一聲。
It was by this time half-past five, and the sun was on the point of rising.
這時已是五點半,太陽就要升起。
But I found the kitchen still dark and silent.
不過我發覺廚房里依然黑洞洞靜悄悄的。
The side-passage door was fastened; I opened it with as little noise as possible.
邊門上了栓。我把它打開,盡量不發出聲來。
All the yard was quiet. But the gates stood wide open, and there was a post-chaise,
院子里一片沉寂。但院門敞開著,有輛驛車停在外面,
with horses ready harnessed, and driver seated on the box, stationed outside.
馬匹都套了馬具,車夫坐在車座上。
I approached him, and said the gentlemen were coming. He nodded.
我走上前去,告訴他先生們就要來了。他點了點頭。
Then I looked carefully round and listened.
隨后我小心四顧,凝神靜聽。