'But it'll be fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view,' said Hermione earnestly.
“但是,從魔法界的角度去研究他們會很叫人入迷的?!焙彰粽嬲\地說。
'Are you planning to eat or sleep at all this year, Hermione?' asked Harry, while Ron sniggered.
“你今年還打算吃飯睡覺嗎,赫敏?”哈利問道,羅恩在一旁偷偷地笑。
Hermione ignored them. 'I've still got ten Galleons,' she said, checking her purse.
赫敏不理他們?!拔乙延辛耸畟€金加隆,”赫敏查看著她的錢包說,
'It's my birthday in September, and Mum and Dad gave me some money to get myself an early birthday present.'
“我的生日在九月份,我媽和我爸給了我一些錢,讓我給自己提前買生日禮物。”
'How about a nice book?' said Ron innocently.
“買一本好書怎么樣?”羅恩裝傻問道。
'No, I don't think so,' said Hermione composedly. 'I really want an owl.
“不,我不想買書,”赫敏平靜地說,“我真的想要一只貓頭鷹。
I mean, Harry's got Hedwig and you've got Errol –'
我的意思是說,哈利有他的海德薇,你有埃羅爾——”
'I haven't,' said Ron. 'Errol's a family owl. All I've got is Scabbers.'
“我可沒有,”羅恩說,“埃羅爾是我們一家的。我所有的只不過是斑斑罷了。”
He pulled his pet rat out of his pocket.
他從口袋里掏出他的寵物小耗子來。

'And I want to get him checked over,' he added, placing Scabbers on the table in front of them.
“我想送它去檢查一下,”他又說,一面把斑斑放在他們面前的桌子上,
'I don't think Egypt agreed with him.'
“我認為埃及對它不合適?!?/div>
Scabbers was looking thinner than usual, and there was a definite droop to his whiskers.
斑斑看上去比以前更瘦了,它的胡須明顯地搭拉下來。
'There's a magical-creature shop just over there,' said Harry, who knew Diagon Alley very well by now.
“那邊有一家神奇生物商店,”哈利說,現在他已經很熟悉對角巷了,
'You can see if they've got anything for Scabbers, and Hermione can get her owl.'
“你可以看看在那里是不是可以給斑斑買點什么,赫敏也可以在那里買到貓頭鷹?!?/div>
So they paid for their ice-creams and crossed the street to the Magical Menagerie.
于是他們付了三份冰淇淋的錢,穿過大街,來到了那家叫做神奇動物園的店鋪。
There wasn't much room inside.
里面沒有多大空間。
Every inch of wall was hidden by cages.
墻上每一英寸的地方都掛著籠子。
It was smelly and very noisy because the occupants of these cages were all squeaking, squawking, jabbering or hissing.
店里又臭又鬧。因為籠子里的小生物都在發出各種叫聲。