He looked at Ron. 'Your dad doesn't know why Fudge let me off, does he?'
他看了看羅恩,“你爸不知道福吉為什么放過我吧,他知道嗎?”
'Probably 'cause it's you, isn't it?' shrugged Ron, still chuckling.
“很可能因為是你的緣故,不是嗎?”羅恩聳聳肩膀,還咯咯地笑著,
'Famous Harry Potter and all that.
“著名的哈利波特啊什么的。
I'd hate to see what the Ministry'd do to me if I blew up an aunt.
要是我吹脹了我的姑媽,魔法部肯定不會放過我的。
Mind you, they'd have to dig me up first, because Mum would've killed me.
聽著,他們首先要把我挖出來,我媽會殺了我的。
Anyway, you can ask Dad yourself this evening.
不管怎么樣,今天晚上你自己可以問我爸。
We're staying at the Leaky Cauldron tonight, too!
今天晚上我們也要在破釜酒吧過夜!
So you can come to King's Cross with us tomorrow! Hermione's there as well!'
所以你明天可以和我們一起到國王十字車站去!赫敏也在那里!”
Hermione nodded, beaming. 'Mum and Dad dropped me off this morning with all my Hogwarts things.'
赫敏點點頭,滿臉是笑:“我媽和我爸今天早上把我和我所有在霍格沃茨要用的東西都留在了那里。”
'Excellent!' said Harry happily. 'So, have you got all your new books and stuff?'
“太棒了!”哈利高興地說,“那么,你新書什么的都買齊了嗎?”

'Look at this,' said Ron, pulling a long thin box out of a bag and opening it.
“看,”羅恩說,從書包里抽出一個細長的匣子,打開了,
'Brand-new wand. Fourteen inches, willow, containing one unicorn tail-hair.
“嶄新的魔杖,十四英寸長,柳條的,有一根獨角獸的尾毛。
And we've got all our books' — he pointed at a large bag under his chair.
而且我們把書都買齊了——”他指了指自己椅子下面的一個大書包,
'What about those Monster Books, eh?
“那些妖怪書怎么樣,呃?
The assistant nearly cried when we said we wanted two.'
我們說要兩本的時候,那店員差一點沒哭出來。”
'What's all that, Hermione?' Harry asked, pointing at not one, but three, bulging bags in the chair next to her.
“那些東西是什么呀,赫敏?”哈利指著她身旁椅子上不是一個而是三個鼓鼓囊囊的書包問道。
'Well, I'm taking more new subjects than you, aren't I?' said Hermione.
“噢,我不是選課比你們多嗎?”赫敏說,
'Those are my books for Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, The Study of Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies –'
“那些是算術占卜、保護神奇生物、占卜、古代魔文研究、麻瓜研究方面的書——”
'What are you doing Muggle Studies for?' said Ron, rolling his eyes at Harry.
“你選麻瓜研究干嗎?”羅恩說,一面對哈利轉動著眼珠,
'You're Muggle-born! Your mum and dad are Muggles! You already know all about Muggles!'
“你是麻瓜生的!你媽媽和爸爸都是麻瓜!你已經很了解麻瓜了!”