And what you are doing here, you are creating a reality
我們所做的,就是創造另一個現實
because you are asking a question such as where has Bush done terrible things or where has Hillary or Obama did terrible things?
因為我們在質疑布什做過什么惡,希拉里或奧巴馬做過什么惡
And when we ask these questions, we completely ignore, discard, not see the positives.
當我們問這些問題時我們已經完全忽略拋棄正面的東西
Remember when I ask you about the geometric shapes?
記得我問你們幾何性質嗎
You didn't see the children on the bus.
你們沒看見車上的孩子
Even though they were right there in front your very eyes.
雖然他們就在你們眼前
So we know that questions create reality, and in order to maintain this consistency, we do very often one of these two things.
所以質疑會創造現實,而為了保持一致性,我們常常會采取二者中的一種方法

Either ignore and discard, or seek confirming evidence, positive or negative to back up our schema.
要么忽視拋棄,要么尋找有利證據,無論積極或消極,來支持我們的圖式
Hillary, Obama is good or Bush is good or whatever it is that we are thinking about.
是希拉里,奧巴馬好,還是布什好或是其他任何看法
The fourth thing is much more directly, creating a new reality.
第4件事直接得多,即創造新的現實
What kind of reality existed before the 6th of May, 1954?
1954年5月6日前的現實是什么
It was reality in which four minutes was the limit of human ability.
當時的現實是4分鐘是人類的極限,不可能突破
And what did Edison do, sorry, what did Bannister do?
愛迪生做……抱歉,班尼斯特做了什么
He said it's possible and then he changed the external reality.
他說可能,于是改變了外在現實
Not just for himself, but also for other runners in the world.
不僅是他自己,還有世界上其他賽跑者