And suddenly a new reality was created.
突然間創造了新的現實
Initially the schema was four minutes is not possible, or rather four minutes is not possible and everyone adhered to this schema.
起初的圖式是4分鐘不可能跑完,或者說4分鐘不可能跑完,而所有人都擁護這個圖式
Roger Bannister came and said, it is possible, and changed that reality, not just for himself, but for other runners who were there.
羅杰·班尼斯特認為是可能的,他改變了現實,不僅為自己,也為其他賽跑者
The thing though is, that after we perform with high motivation, low motivation might looking for consistency.
事實是,當干勁十足的人達成后,干勁沒那么足的人可能也會尋求統一
All that is left us to do is interpret our performance.
我們需要解讀自己表現
Was it successful or not successful, and good or bad. And there are two forms of interpretation.
成功還是不成功,好還是壞,有兩種解讀方法
One is the objective interpretation, did I just give A in an exam or did I get a C.
一是客觀解讀,我考試得了A還是C

Did I just come third or did I come last in their race.
跑步我是第三名還是最后一名
Did I just be Princeton in hockey on Friday?
周五與普林斯頓大學的冰球賽
Or did I lose to Princeton? Go Harvard. So what happen?
是贏了還是輸了?哈佛加油,到底發生了什
This is the reality. It's objective, its objective.
這就是現實,客觀
But then, there is also the subjective interpretation based on my beliefs.
但同時,還有由信仰決定的主觀解讀
Let me share an example with you... This is a story told about Thomas Edison.
舉個例子,有個關于托馬斯·愛迪生的故事
Thomas Edison, back in the 1870's, was working along with the rest of the scientific community on the light bulb, on generating light from electricity.
愛迪生于1870年代與科學界都在研究燈泡如何用電發光