Ripper began to growl again as Harry sat down.
正當哈利坐下來的時候,利皮開始吠叫起來。
This directed Aunt Marge's attention to Harry for the first time.
瑪姬姑媽這才第一次把注意力轉向哈利。
'So!' she barked. 'Still here, are you?' 'Yes,' said Harry.
“這么說!”瑪姬姑媽怒氣沖沖地說,“你還在這里,是不是?”“是?!惫f。
'Don't you say “yes” in that ungrateful tone, ' Aunt Marge growled.
“不要用這種不知道好歹的腔調說‘是’,”瑪姬姑媽咆哮道,
'It's damn good of Vernon and Petunia to keep you.
“弗農和佩妮收留了你,他們真是夠好的了。
Wouldn't have done it myself.
要是我才不干呢。
You'd have gone straight to an orphanage if you'd been dumped on my doorstep.'
要是有人把你扔到我的大門口,你早就直截了當地到孤兒院了?!?/div>
Harry was bursting to say that he'd rather live in an orphanage than with the Dursleys,
哈利真想說他寧愿待在孤兒院也不愿意和德思禮家人住在一起,
but the thought of the Hogsmeade form stopped him.
但他想到那張同意表,就忍住了沒說。
He forced his face into a painful smile.
他勉強在臉上擠出痛苦的笑容來。

'Don't you smirk at me!' boomed Aunt Marge.
“別對我假笑!”瑪姬姑媽聲音隆隆地說道,
'I can see you haven't improved since I last saw you.
“我看得出來,自從上次我看見你以來,你沒有什么進步。
I hoped school would knock some manners into you.'
我希望學校能強迫你學會些禮貌?!?/div>
She took a large gulp of tea, wiped her moustache and said, 'Where is it that you send him, again, Vernon?'
她吞下一大口茶,擦擦她的唇髭,又說:“弗農,我又忘了,你把他送到什么地方去了啊?”
'St Brutus's,' said Uncle Vernon promptly.
“圣布魯斯,”弗農姨父立即說,
'It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases.'
“對于那些無可救藥的人來說,那是家第一流的機構。”
'I see,' said Aunt Marge. 'Do they use the cane at St Brutus's, boy?' she barked across the table.
“我明白了?!爆敿Ч脣屨f,“小子,圣布魯斯的人使用藤杖嗎?”她隔著桌子對哈利怒氣沖沖地說。
'Er —' Uncle Vernon nodded curtly behind Aunt Marge's back.
“唔……”弗農姨父在瑪姬姑媽背后簡短地點了一下頭。
'Yes,' said Harry. Then, feeling he might as well do the thing properly, he added, 'All the time.'
“是啊。”哈利說。然后,他覺得似乎應該把事情做得像樣些,就說:“一直用的?!?/div>
'Excellent,' said Aunt Marge. '
“太好了,”瑪姬姑媽說,

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: