O, call not me to justify the wrong
你曾殘忍地傷害過我的寸心,
That thy unkindness lays upon my heart;
那么別指望我諒解你的暴行,
Wound me not with thine eye but with thy tongue;
請用舌頭傷我,可別用你的眼晴,
Use power with power and slay me not by art.
剮殺隨你,要公開,別使小聰明。
Tell me thou lovest elsewhere, but in my sight,
呵,心肝,你不妨直說你芳心已改,
Dear heart, forbear to glance thine eye aside:
萬不要當我面與別人眉目傳情。
What need'st thou wound with cunning when thy might
要傷我你毋需巧取,我勢單力薄,

Is more than my o'er-press'd defense can bide?
怎擋得住你心藏百萬雄兵?
Let me excuse thee: ah! my love well knows
讓我來為你辯護吧,唉我的愛知曉
Her pretty looks have been mine enemies,
她那流盼的目光是我的敵人,
And therefore from my face she turns my foes,
于是她別轉臉蛋將敵陣他引,
That they elsewhere might dart their injuries:
好使別處遭受兵災的摧凌。
Yet do not so; but since I am near slain,
可是別,別這樣,反正我已行將就木,
Kill me outright with looks and rid my pain.
你就用目光殺我吧,幫我把苦痛除根。