Dialogue 1
Jingjing: This is really different from the last pizza place.
京晶:這里和上次吃披薩的地方還真不太一樣。
Mark: Totally. This a café. Pizza isn't the main thing they serve.
馬克:完全不一樣。這是個咖啡小館,披薩不是這里的主營。
Jingjing: That's probably better. I wasn't really in the mood to load up on pizza again.
京晶:這樣可能更好。我不是特別想再搓一頓披薩了。
Mark: Well, the salads and pastas here are mighty good.
馬克:這里的沙拉和意大利面食超好的。
Jingjing: How about you order everything for us?
京晶:你來給我倆點菜怎么樣?
Mark: That's easy.
馬克:簡單。
later, the food comes
一會兒功夫,食物來了
Jingjing: Is this everything we ordered?
京晶:這是我們點的全部嗎?
Mark: This is just part of it. I ordered two pastas which haven't come yet.
馬克:這只是其中的一部分。我點了兩份意大利面食pastas, 都還沒上呢。
Jingjing: Is this the only salad?
京晶:只有這一份沙拉嗎?
Mark: Yes. Whenever we want more, we can get another one right away. They just bring each thing whenever it's ready.
馬克:是的。如果我們想要更多,可以馬上再要一份,他們只是食物弄好了就端上來。
Jingjing: How are we going to share the salad?
京晶:那我們怎么分著吃沙拉呢?
Mark: Just take some onto your plate. I'll go grab us a serving fork.
馬克:拿一些到你的盤子里。我去拿一個公用叉子。
More food comes.
更多的食物上來了
Jingjing: This is our pizza?
京晶:這是我們的披薩嗎?
Mark: Yep, that's it. Again, we can order more whenever we want.
馬克:對。就是。同樣,如果我們想吃更多可以繼續點。
Jingjing: I'm really not used to having so little food on the table at one time.
京晶:我真的不習慣一次桌上就擺著那么一點點食物。
Mark: I can imagine. If a boss takes a group of employees to a café, it's kind of weird.
馬克:我能想象。如果一個老板帶著一群員工來這種小館吃飯,那就真的奇怪了。
New words: 習語短語:
Totally. 完全(贊同)
(I completely agree with you. OR It is completely as you've described.)
load up on 攝入大量(食物)
(have a lot of one kind of food, maybe to make up for a lack of other foods)
grab 拿、取
(fetch)
Yep. 是的,口頭語。
(Yes, and there's not much more to say about it.)
kind of weird 有些奇怪,怪異
(awkward)
Dialogue 2
Jingjing and Mark have finished most of the food they ordered.
京晶和馬克吃完了大部分食物
Mark: Are you pretty full or should we order more?
馬克:你已經吃飽了嗎還是我們需要再點一些呢?
Jingjing: I'm not stuffed. But this is probably enough.
京晶:我還沒吃飽。但是桌上這些可能夠了。
Mark: Hmm. We could finish with another salad, or go with desserts.
馬克:嗯,我們可以再點一份沙拉就差不多了,或者來點甜點。
Jingjing: Another salad would be refreshing. You pick one, I'll be right back.
京晶:再來一份沙拉很愜意哦!你挑一款,
我馬上回來。
5 minutes later...
5分鐘以后
Jingjing: Oh, the table is empty!
京晶:噢,桌上都空了!
Mark: I ate the last piece of pizza and let them clear away our plates. They'll bring new ones with the salad.
馬克:我吃了最后一塊披薩,然后讓他們把我們的餐盤收走了。他們會帶一份新的沙拉過來。
Jingjing: O-kay.
京晶:好…吧
Mark: How about we order some tea? Would hot lemon tea be good for you?
馬克:我們點些茶來喝怎樣?熱檸檬茶你想喝嗎?
Jingjing: Sure.
京晶:好啊
Mark: I think I owe you an explanation. In a café, people don't like to deal with too much food at one time. That gives people a chance to sit and talk.
馬克:我想我還欠你一個解釋。在咖啡小館,人們不喜歡一次點太多食物,這樣能給了人們一個坐著聊天的機會。
Jingjing: What would you like to talk about?
京晶:你想說什么呢?
Mark: Well, this place is pretty quiet, even though lots of people are eating here. I guess I should say that westerners think this is a good way to eat.
馬克:這個地方很安靜,雖然有許多人在這里就餐。我猜我應該這樣說,西方人覺得這是一個很好的吃飯的方式。
Jingjing: It's very different from the Chinese way. Chinese people like to show their generosity by hosting a big meal.
京晶:這跟中國人的方式太不一樣了。中國人喜歡操辦一桌豐盛的宴席來展示慷慨大方。
Mark: Yeah, that's a nice thing. It took me a long time to get used to that.
馬克:是,那是很好的。我用了很長時間才習慣這種方式。
Jingjing: This food is pretty good. But I see so few plates and can't be sure there was enough food. But when I got up just now, I felt like I'd eaten a good amount.
京晶:這里的食物還是挺不錯的。但是我看見盤子這么少,不太確定食物夠不夠吃。但是當我剛才站起來的時候,我才發覺我已經吃了不少了。
Mark: Right. Maybe European-style cafés are worth a try once in a while.
馬克:對。也許這樣的歐式咖啡小館值得時不常來吃一次。
New words: 習語短語:
stuffed 非常飽,撐
(very full, after eating)
go with 選擇,挑選
(choose, select, have)
clear away 拿走,整理干凈某片區域
(take away something and clean up the area)
O-kay 比較猶豫的贊同
(a hesitant, tentative expression of agreement)
worth a try 值得一試
(nice to have)