Hope you had a wonderful long weekend.
希望各位度過了個愉快的周末
So, let's jump right into it.
好了,直入主題
So, where did we leave last time?
上回說到哪兒了
Last time we talked about the power of the situation, we talk about how beliefs become self-fulfilling prophesies.
上回我們談了環境的力量,談到了信念是如何成為自我實現的預言
And how it is through the situation that we very often create expectations, believes of people.
以及我們是如何通過環境對他人產生期望及信念
And these believes become reality.
這些信念會變成現實
And we talked about how social psychology essentially started with
還談到了為什么說社會心理學本質上是從
some very important experiment such as the Milgrim effect, or obedience to authority.
某些重要的實驗開始的,比如米爾格倫實驗,又稱權利服從研究
Such as Zimbardo's prison experiment,
比如津巴多的監獄實驗

where prisoners were put in or played... students play the role of prisoners or the role of wardens and they actually entered that role
試驗中,囚犯被關在……學生扮演囚犯及看守的角色,完全進入了角色
so totally that after a week the experiment had to be stop, when it was suppose to go on for two weeks.
以至于一周后實驗被迫中止,而原計劃是要進行兩周
And then the question we asked was, OK, so we know that the situation is powerful.
接著我們提出了一個問題,既然環境的力量如此巨大
We know that it makes a difference.
能使人改變
Can we also create a powerful, positive situation to bring out the best in people?
那能否創造出一種強大但積極的環境將人的最佳狀態充分調動起來?
And the answer is yes.
答案是肯定的
And we started talking about it and we talk about professor Langer and her research and how she show that putting
我們對此做了深入分析,并談到了蘭格教授以及她的研究
um... elderly men in an environment where they were actually
她讓一群老人置身于仿20年前的環境中
or where they acted as if they were 20 years younger actually became younger.
要求他們裝作回到20年前的生活,這些老人竟然變得年輕了