Dialogue 1
Mark: Jingjing, I'm glad you suggested coming to the Great Wall.
馬克:京晶,很開心你建議我們來登長城。
Jingjing: Yeah, we sure picked a nice day for it.
京晶:是啊,我們確實挑了個好天兒來爬。
Mark: Let's go see about tickets.
馬克:我們去看看門票吧。
Jingjing: Would you like to practice your Chinese?
京晶:你想來練習一下中文嗎?
Mark: Sure. Let me talk to them.
馬克:當然。讓我來跟他們說。
(Mark comes back with information about the tickets.)
馬克了解到票的信息后回來了
Mark: Well, there are three ways up: a chairlift, a gondola, or a hike.
馬克:嗯,有三條路上去:登山吊椅,纜車,或者徒步爬上去。
Jingjing: What about the way down?
京晶:那下來呢?
Mark: There's also a toboggan.
馬克:也有雪橇啊 。
Jingjing: That sounds like fun. We should definitely do that.
京晶:這個聽上去還挺好玩的。我們一定要玩一次。
Mark: OK. Then the best way might be to hike up to the wall, and take the toboggan down.
馬克:好的。那最好的方法可能就是徒步爬上去(長城),然后坐雪橇下來。
Jingjing: Then we just pay the entrance fee and whatever it costs for the toboggan, right?
京晶:那我們就只付門票錢,然后再看雪橇怎么花費,對嗎?
Mark: Exactly. But it's not much more for the chairlift. It's run by the same company.
馬克:對。但是也不會比登山吊椅貴多少,是同一家公司來負責經營的。
Jingjing: Yeah, but I'm eager to start hiking. Plus, we can make a loop of it.
京晶:但是我迫不及待想要徒步了。另外,我們可以走一個環形。
Mark: That sounds good. There's a shuttle bus that will take us to the entrance.
馬克:不錯。這兒有擺渡車帶我們去入口處。
Jingjing: You mean we still have to take another bus?
京晶:你的意思是,我們還需要再坐一輛車過去?
Mark: It's just a short ride. We'll be hiking in a few minutes.
馬克:只是很短的一段路。幾分鐘后我們就可以開始徒步了。
New words: 習語短語:
go see about 去查看,安排,了解情況 (go to try to arrange, or check out)
chairlift 登山吊椅(chairs pulled by a cable-way up a mountain)
gondola 索道,纜車 (enclosed cars pulled by a cable-way up a mountain)
tobaggan 雪橇 (sled, sometimes on a track)
it's not much more for 不需多花更多(it doesn't cost much extra for)
run 運營 (operated)
loop 環形 (a round trip, not coming back along the same trail/road)
Dialogue 2
Jingjing and Mark have hiked up to the wall.
京晶和馬克一路向城墻徒步而行
Jingjing: Wow, what a view!
京晶:哇!風景真好啊!
Mark: You're telling me. Want to take a rest for a while?
馬克:可不是嗎!想要休息一下嗎?
Jingjing: What are you pooped out already?
京晶:怎么你已經精疲力盡了嗎?
Mark: No, not me.
馬克:我?我不累啊
Jingjing: Me neither. Anyway, it'd be nice to hike along the wall for a while.
京晶:我也不累啊。再說了,沿著城墻一路徒步上來還是很爽的!
Mark: That's what we're here for.
馬克:這就是我們來這兒的原因。
Jingjing: Which way is the toboggan?
京晶:雪橇是哪個方向?
Mark: It's that way. You can almost see it from here.
馬克:是那條路。你從這兒差不多就能看見。
Jingjing: Let's go up the other way first. When we start to feel tired, let's turn around.
京晶:那我們先從另一條路上去吧。當我們開始感覺有點累了,就折返。
Mark: That sounds pretty good.
馬克:聽上去不錯。
Jingjing: I bet you'll get tired before I do.
京晶:我打賭你一定比我先累。
Mark: Wanna make it interesting?
馬克:想打起精神玩點有趣的嗎?
Jingjing: How so?
京晶:咋著?
Mark: Whoever gets tired first has to pay for dinner.
馬克:誰先累誰來買晚餐。
Jingjing: You're on!
京晶:沒問題!
New words: 習語短語:
You're telling me. 還用你告訴我嗎?可不是嗎 (You're describing something that I can see also, or that might be even more obvious to me than it is to you.)
pooped out 筋疲力盡 (tired, physically exhausted, not able to do more)
make it interesting 打賭,來真的,來點刺激的 (bet money on something, or use some other kind of leverage)
You're on! 我參加,我愿意跟你競爭 (I agree to compete with you.)