So, to summarize, the idea is this:
所以,總結來說,觀點是:
As our world becomes increasingly instrumented
當我們的世界變得越來越工具化
and we have the capabilities to collect and connect the dots
我們有能力搜集和鏈接一個一個小點
between what people are saying and the context they're saying it in,
將人們的話語和他們說這些話時所處得環境聯系起來
what's emerging is an ability to see new social structures and dynamics that have previously not been seen.
那么呈現的將是洞悉社會結構和社交動態的新視野,那是以前我們沒有看見過的
It's like building a microscope or telescope
這好像是造一個顯微鏡或者望遠鏡
and revealing new structures about our own behavior around communication.
展示了我們交流和行為間的新結構
And I think the implications here are profound, whether it's for science, for commerce, for government,
我覺得其意義是深遠的,無論是對科學而言,還是對商業、政府而言
or perhaps most of all, for us as individuals.
或許更重要的是,對我們每個人而言
And so just to return to my son,
所以我們把話題回到我的兒子
when I was preparing this talk, he was looking over my shoulder,
當我在準備這個演講時,他在我身后看著
and I showed him the clips I was going to show to you today, and I asked him for permission -- granted.
我給他看了這段我今天將要給你們看的錄相,我征求他的同意,他同意了
And then I went on to reflect, "Isn't it amazing, this entire database, all these recordings,
然后我想,“這真是神奇的事情,整個數據庫,所有這些錄相
I'm going to hand off to you and to your sister" -- who arrived two years later --
我會給交給你和你的妹妹”--妹妹是兩年后出生的
"and you guys are going to be able to go back and re-experience moments
“你們兩個將能夠回顧重溫
that you could never, with your biological memory, possibly remember the way you can now?"
你們生物記憶無法記得的這些時刻。”