地點:大學公共休息室內
人物:錢德勒,羅斯
事件:1987年,大學里的錢德勒和羅斯達成“君子協定”——誰都不能追求兩個人都看上的女孩。
Chandler: You know, I'm totally gonna ask her out.
錢德勒:你知道,我一定要約她出去。
Ross: Dude, I was gonna ask her out.
羅斯:同學,我還想約她呢。
Chandler: I said it first, bro.
錢德勒:是我先說的,哥們兒。
Ross: Well, I thought it first, Holmes.
羅斯:呃,是我先想到的,同學。
Chandler: Look, if you did...
錢德勒:聽著,你要是……
Ross: Woha! Wait... What are we doing? What we have is too important to mess it up over some girl. I mean, we can get laid anytime we want.
羅斯:喔!等等……咱們這是在做什么?咱們的關系太重要了,可不能因為一個女孩反目成仇啊。我是說,女孩對咱們來說還不是手到擒來嘛。
Chandler: Totally. I had sex in high school...
錢德勒:就是。我在高中就嘗過禁果了……
Ross: Me too. I'm good at it.
羅斯:我也是。我可是高手。
Chandler: All right, I'd say we make a pact. Neither of us will go out with Missy Goldberg.
錢德勒:好吧,我建議咱們立個君子協議。咱們誰都不能和米西·戈德堡約會。
Ross: You got it.
羅斯:一言為定。
Chandler: All right, so that's Missy Goldberg, Phoebe Cates and Molly Ringwald, who neither of us can go out with.
錢德勒:嗯,所以,咱們誰都不能約的人是米西·戈德堡,菲比·凱茨和莫利·林沃爾德。
Ross: Those are the pacts!
羅斯:約法三章!
Chandler: Oh, and Sheena Easton. But we probably couldn't get her anyway.
錢德勒:哦,還有希娜·伊斯頓。不過咱們反正也追不到她。
Ross: Oh, oh... maybe not you!
羅斯:哦,哦……你大概確實追不上!