"The sage then is godlike."
"那么圣人就像上帝一樣"
Filo's God is the sage on high.
所以費羅的上帝是境界較高的智者
"His character and moral psyche are vulnerable only to what one does
"他的品質和道德心理"只會容易受到自己所做作為
and what others do to him, or to those er or what others do to him or those in his keeping."
其他人對他所做的事別其他人對他所做的事以及他掌控的人的傷害"
And again I think this makes the picture far too remote and far too useless
我仍然覺得這么說太過遙遠,對于指導我們自己的行為
for guiding our own behaviour and I, I wanna scoot forward a wee bit
沒有什么幫助我想再深入拓展一點
and call attention to something I recall very vividly
我想請大家注意一段話,我至今還歷歷在目
er Stockdale saying um this was just after 911
是斯托克代爾說的一段話,那是在911以后
when I interviewed him, he said he recalls um,
我采訪他,他說他回想起
er saying to a fellow prisoner at the Hanoi Hilton
在河內希爾頓戰俘營有個戰俘
who had just come back from being,
他剛剛從繩套審訊中恢復意識
from taking the ropes, "there are no virgins here, "
他對這個戰俘說 "沒有人是清白的"
he told this fellow POW who felt tremendous shame for having broken
他是這么對戰俘說的這名戰俘被套上繩子經歷酷刑后招供了
when he took the ropes, now I want to be a little clear here
他感到非常羞愧現在我想把這段痛苦的經歷
what the specifics of what the or, this ordeal is because they are not well know.
說得清晰一點,講一下它的具體細節因為大家對此并不是很了解
So to take the ropes in the Hanoi Hilton, would be the following according to Stockdale.
根據斯托克代爾的描述,在河內希爾頓監獄被套上繩子后,接下來的步驟是
Quote, "They would start by clamming a big heavy iron bar down then tie your feet to it
引用 "他們開始會把大鐵棍"綁在你的腳上
so you couldn't lift it, then they'd sit you up jack knife you over and tighten the er ropes around your arms.
這樣你就不能動了,然后他們讓你坐起來用大折刀把你翻過來然后用繩子把你的胳膊綁住
Next they'd put you through extortions to the point where they'd be pulling the rope so hard
然后他們開始勒你他們會緊緊拉住繩子
the blood circulation in the upper chest would shut off.
你的上半身血液無法流通