I'm going to skip a part about the depersonalisation some um find as a kind of protection
我要跳過人格喪失這部分有些人認為這是種保護
and how stoicism might um allow for a reading of that sort by minimising the role of the body in self.
禁欲主義可能會提到一篇這類的文章把自我的身體角色降至最小
There's no bodily ego for stoic that's a Freudian term, and I,
對于禁欲主義者來說,用弗洛伊德的術語來說沒有身體自我
I want to um just bring it back as I close
我想在結束時,再回顧一下
I guess I have about 3 minutes or so, um, to um, to, to um let me see how best I can wrap up,
我可能還有3分鐘讓我看看我能不能盡快說完
I'm sorry. I, I'll bring it back to Guantanamo. I'll end there.
不好意思,我要說一下關塔那摩然后就結束演講
Timerman has a wonderful remark about feeling, the feeling of self betrayal and self collusion
蒂莫蔓有段非常精彩的描述描述自我背叛和自我同謀的情感
but I think it comes back in something in Guantanamo.
但是我覺得蒂莫蔓所描述
Um, so Timerman in is in mind when I'm thinking of something that came up in Guantanamo and
和關塔那摩發生的事情很類似當我想到發生在關塔那摩的事情
that is that he has this picture of a man in prison in Argentine who is circumcised.
蒂莫蔓有張照片,上面是個被割去包皮的阿根廷的囚犯
He's Jewish and he feels all eyes upon him
他是個猶太人,總是感覺所有眼睛都注視他
and his clipped prick is a source of terrible degradation, self degradation
他被割去包皮的身體是自我退化,自我墮落感覺的來源
but it oughtn't to be, but he's reflecting the er gaze of the torturer and of the interrogator
不應該是這樣,他在反射折磨者或者是審訊者的注視
and he, the self contempt is absorbing or internalising that gaze, of playing along, of colluding in a sense
他自我輕視的感覺也在吸收或者內化這種注視,任其擺布自我勾結,