Over the course of three years, we recorded eight to 10 hours a day,
歷經3年的時間,我們每天記錄8到10個小時
amassing roughly a quarter-million hours of multi-track audio and video.
積累了大約25萬小時的多軌音頻和視頻資料
So you're looking at a piece of what is by far the largest home video collection ever made.
所以你現在看到的是有史以來最大的家庭錄相集
And what this data represents for our family at a personal level,
從個人的角度而言,這些代表了我們家庭的資料
the impact has already been immense, and we're still learning its value.
已經產生了巨大的影響,我們還在繼續學習其中的價值
Countless moments of unsolicited natural moments, not posed moments, are captured there,
無數的時刻,無預兆的,不造作的自然時刻都記錄在這里
and we're starting to learn how to discover them and find them.
我們正開始學習怎樣發現和尋找它們
But there's also a scientific reason that drove this project,
而促使這個項目還有一個科學的原因
which was to use this natural longitudinal data to understand the process of how a child learns language -- that child being my son.
便是用這些縱向記錄的數據去了解一個孩子是怎樣學習語言的--這個孩子是我的兒子
And so with many privacy provisions put in place to protect everyone who was recorded in the data,
所以在設置了隱私保護的條件下,每個被記錄到的人物都得到保護
we made elements of the data available to my trusted research team at MIT
我們對我們信任的麻省理工研究團隊公開了部分數據
so we could start teasing apart patterns in this massive data set,
因此我們可以從這個巨大的數據資料中排除出一些多余的模式
trying to understand the influence of social environments on language acquisition.
以此來試圖理解社會環境對語言形成的影響
So we're looking here at one of the first things we started to do.
所以我們在這里看到我們所做的第一件事情
This is my wife and I cooking breakfast in the kitchen,
這是我的妻子和我在廚房做早餐
and as we move through space and through time, a very everyday pattern of life in the kitchen.
隨著時間的流逝地點的變化,這是廚房里日常生活的軌跡。