I loved singing, I loved belting on stage.
我曾熱愛唱歌,熱愛在臺上飆高音
I used to put on shows for everyone.
我曾替大家帶來精彩的表演
I'd dress up and I'd dance and I'd sing for them.
我盛裝打扮、載歌載舞
I went into full-on lung failure.
我的肺嚴重衰竭
I was in a coma for around three and a half weeks, and after that I had to be on oxygen...
我昏迷了三個半星期,醒來后只能靠呼吸器維生
And so that's when it changed.
那天開始一切都變了。
On 9/11 I was a first responder. I got there soon after the first two towers came down.
我是911事件的急救員。我在兩棟大樓倒塌后不久就趕到了現場。
They say I've lost about a third of my lung function. I haven't sung since 2001.
醫生說我喪失了三分之二的肺功能。從2001年開始就沒再唱過歌了。
My name is Gareth Malone, and I've made it my life's work to get unlikely people singing. That's what we're doing here.
我叫加雷斯·馬龍,幫助有困難的人唱歌是我此生的志業。這就是我們聚集在這的目的。
What's your particular breathing difficulty?
是什么造成你呼吸困難?
I have cystic fibrosis. I ended up with COPD.
我患有囊性纖維化。我得到慢性組塞性肺病。
One side of my lung is collapsed. I actually had a vocal haemorrhage.
我有一邊的肺衰竭了。我的聲帶出血
I have asthma, and I have an auto-immune condition.
我有氣喘,還有自體免疫疾病。
Breathing for singing, it just needs a little bit of thought, and a little bit of warming up.
要能夠唱歌,需要的是一點想象力,還有一點熱身。
"Vhu vhu". A little like a motorbike "Rrr Rrr"
"Vhu vhu"。有點像摩托車"Rrr Rrr"。
OK you're just speaking! That is talking!
你只是在講話!那是講話不是唱歌!
What you're doing is you're actually making life harder for yourself 'cause you're going,
你這樣做根本是為難自己,因為你是這樣唱的
Dah dah dah dah dah. Wasting loads of breath.
噠噠噠,浪費了好多氣。
This is the bit when you're going to be going at the end of it. Every move you make.
這是會讓你在結尾時上氣不接下氣的地方。你的一舉一動。
Yeah! That's so much nicer! Just at the very end! I take a little breath before the "you".
對!好多了!只有在最后的'你'之前我偷換了氣。
I think people are going to forgive you!
我想聽眾不會跟你計較的!

This morning, I was singing in the shower. Not stuff from this performance, but just singing.
今早淋浴時,我唱著歌。不是唱這場表演的曲子,而是單純的唱歌
It just came to me, you know? It's in tune! Yes!
一切都是那么的自然,你懂嗎?音是準的!太棒了!
You probably want to know where we are performing this.
你們應該都想知道我們會在哪表演吧。
It's known as the birthplace of dreams. It's the Apollo Theater!
這個地方被稱作夢想的源頭。阿波羅劇院!
Every breath you take. Every move you make.
你的每一次呼吸,你的一舉一動。
Every bond you break. Every step you take I'll be watching you.
你的每一次掙脫,你選擇的每一步,我會一直看著你
Every single day. Every word you say.
每一天,你的一字一句。
Every game you play. Every night you stay I'll be watching you.
你的每場游戲,你在的每一夜,我會一直看著你。
Oh can't you see You belong to me.
噢你還不懂嗎,你屬于我。
How my poor heart aches With every step you take
每當你往前走,我被傷透的心就要再痛一次。
Every breath you take. Every move you make.
你的每一次呼吸,你的一舉一動。
Every bond you break. Every step you take.
你的每一次掙脫,你選擇的每一步。
Every single day. Every word you say.
每一天,你說的一字一句。
Every game you play. Every night you stay. I'll be watching you.
你的每場游戲,你在的每一夜。我會一直看著你。
When your body is so on the edge of dying or on the edge of pain it's terrifying!
當你的身體在死亡的邊緣或是疼痛的極限時,真的很可怕。
But it comes down to a moment when you have to really think:
但總會有那么一刻讓你認真思考:
Is this life going to be one you're going to be proud of, or not?
這樣的人生有令自己驕傲嗎?還是充滿遺憾?