What is it about this story that what?
這個故事怎么了
What is it about this latest book,
最后這本詩歌形式的回憶錄中
the memoir in poetry form that enabled you to finish some of those stories that you'd not been able to finish before?
有什么使你能夠完結這些之前未能了結的故事
I like to think that there is a miraculous... there is a miraculous, magical thing that happens with poetry,
我想那本書里有個很神奇的事情是跟詩歌有關的
that maybe poetry can accomplish some of the things that prose cannot.
可能詩歌能夠達到散文所不能及的境界
And maybe another thing that's happened is, it's been thirty five years since I wrote the other version and that I know a lot of things.
可能發生的另一件事是從我寫另一個版本以來已經35年了,我了解到很多事情

Oh, maybe here's another, something else that happened...
可能還有另一件事。一些剛剛發生的
that crone woman came out of nowhere and she grabbed me by the arm
那個滿臉皺紋的老太太不知道從哪兒冒出來的,她抓著我的胳膊
and she presented that water and we had a ceremony...where did that come from?
把水遞過來,進行了那個儀式……那是從哪兒來的
That is the ending of the story and it just came and it didn't come in a dream,
這就是故事的結局,就這么發生了,并不是在夢里
she did not come in a dream, she was real and I recognised it, that's the other part.
她沒有從夢里來,她是真實的,我認識到了這點,那是另一部分了
But this thing happened and I, poet, recognised it.
但是這件事發生了,我,作為一個詩人,認識到了