I'd like to introduce a representative from "Teach for America"
我想介紹一位來自"為美國而教"的代表
which is an organization that has done and is doing a lot of good,
這個組織一直致力于做好事
promoting goodness in the world and I'd like to
在世界上宣揚善,我想…
in 1504, we've been supporting them for the last 2 years and we'd like to continue to do that.
這門課,過去兩年一直向他們提供支持我們希望繼續下去
So please. Hello. Can you hear me?
有請。大家好,能聽到嗎?
Thank you so much for this. I will take 90 seconds.
非常感謝。我只占用90秒
My name is Josh Bieber. Alright. I feel positive.
我叫Josh Bieber。好的,我感覺很好
I was a Teacher for America Corp member and I now work for TFA.
我是為美國而教的成員,現在為組織工作
I do new site development.
負責新址開展
So when I was a senior, I had marginally considered this is an option.
大四時我勉強認為這是個機會
I had a napping for a very pushy phone call from a very pushy TFA recruiter on the deadline day I would not apply.
招聘到期日,固執的組織招募人員打來電話,聽電話時我差點睡著我本不會應聘
But I hesitantly took two hours to fill that essays and now owe her for or owe that phone call for
但我還是磨蹭了兩小時完成短文多虧那個打來電話的人
the best two years of my life and truly the happiest.
這是我人生最美好,最快樂的兩年
So if I have 60 seconds, there are just two things that I want people to know about TFA.
請再給我一分鐘希望大家對組織有兩個了解
I think you know what we are.
我想你們知道組織的目的
One, is that this country does not serve all kids in our schools fairly.
一是這個國家對學校里的孩子們的教育是不平等的
So low-income kids before they even leave elementary school are years behind where they should be.
低收入孩子在離開小學前已落后多年
And nearly not even a half of them graduate high school, which is like, a terrible injustice, a complete injustice.
其中不到一半能高中畢業這非常不公正完全的不公正
Two, you can actually make a difference.
二,你們能帶來改變