Then we were out on a road in the middle of flat fields with nothing growing, no stars in the sky, too lit by the prison.
接著我們都到了路上,在寸草不生的平地中間,天上沒有星星,對監獄來說它們太亮了
Someone cell phoned Code Pink colleagues to come and get us.
有人給粉色代碼的同事打了電話來接我們
The journalists, arrested too, turned on their equipment and recorded us exalting the most beautiful day of our lives.
記者,也被逮捕了,裝上設備,開始拍我們讓那天變得更美
We rode back to the city in cars festooned in pink ribbons, rode showy through the capital of the USA.
我們坐著粉絲帶裝飾的車,回到了成立,慢慢向美國的首都駛去
The good citizens cheered us, honked horns.
良好的市民們歡呼著,吹著號角
Not one disagreeing person yelled or honked in anger.
沒人因為憤怒而叫喊

Twelve days later Iraq War Two, operation Iraqi Freedom Shock and Awe started.
12天后二次伊戰,伊拉克自由驚世行動開始了
You can see how we use all of our arts, bringing our poetry, poets for peace have brought hundreds, hundreds of poems,
你可以看到我們如何運用自己的才藝,把我們的詩歌用于和平,帶來了成千上萬首詩篇
The dancers came, musicians, drummers, using all our arts and twelve days later the drumming started.
舞者來了,音樂家,鼓手都來了,用了我們所有的才藝,12天后該發生的還是發生了
And then of course the poet wonders, the poet questions her faith in poetry.
當然那時詩人會想,詩人會反問自己對詩歌的信念
Now this book is my facing mortality and so I'm just going to end my reading tonight
如今這本書是我全部的心力,今晚我就讀到這里
by telling about something that happened towards the end of my mother's life.
接著談一談在我母親最后的日子里發生的事情