And then my mother said 'oh you were born, you were just born talking this.'
后來我母親說 "你出生了,一生下來就說著這些"
And so it was always. But you asked about what was the first that I ever wrote.
所以總是這樣,但是你問到我寫過的第一篇東西是什么
Now that's very different from what I spoke and of course I could speak before I could write.
這和我剛才講的很不一樣,當然我會寫作之前就會說話了
And when I was about eight years old, eight, nine, somewhere in there, I...
當我8歲時,8歲,9歲在這之間吧
by this time I had mastered the alphabet and I was overjoyed,
那時我已經會背字母表了,我非常開心

I realised that with those twenty six letters, I could write anything, I could even write Chinese
意識到有這26個字母,我什么都能寫了,甚至還能寫中文
because I had this tool which I could write down all the sounds that I had been uttering.
因為我有了這項工具,可以寫下所有吐露過的聲音
And, so with the English language came the writing and the first poem I ever wrote was about flying and I felt that I was flying
通過英語,我寫了第一篇東西,第一首詩是關于飛翔的,我覺得自己在飛
as I was writing and I was in such wonder that I and fly and sky rhymed.
就像在寫作一樣,我如此的好奇,我飛著,和天空同韻
Thank you! You're welcome.
謝謝你!不客氣