The van started up, the crowd parted, let the van through. It got quiet.
貨車開動了,人群散開,讓貨車通過,人們安靜了
We were driving away from the magic, the rose light went out.
我們被帶離了魔法世界,粉色的光暈褪去了
I was taken to a cell and I was alone in the cell and I felt really good
我被帶到牢房里,只有我一人
because I said to myself 'at last, the solitary confinement of my dreams.
那感覺很好,因為我對自己說,“最后這是我夢中的孤身隱居
This is Thoreau and I am in my own little hut and I'm in my own little jail cell.'
這是梭羅和我在自己的小天地里我在自己的小牢房里”
But I didn't have time to enjoy it very long.
但我沒多少時間享受這些
The door opened, we're a crowd again.
門開了,又進來一群人,
Loud speaking, loud singing women
吵鬧的交談,吵鬧的唱歌的女人們

'this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine,
“我的微光要讓它發亮
oh this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine.
哦,我的微光讓它閃閃發亮
This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine,
我的微光讓它閃閃發亮
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.'
讓它發亮,讓它發亮,讓它發亮
The singing connected the women in all this block of cells,
這首歌連接起了所有牢房里的女人們
love and peace aroused again
重新喚起了愛和和平
'on the children of Iraq I'm gonna let it shine,
“讓愛在伊拉克的兒童身上發光
oh on the children of Iraq I'm gonna let it shine.
哦讓愛在伊拉克的兒童身上發光
On the children of Iraq I'm gonna let it shine,
哦讓愛在伊拉克的兒童身上發光
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.'
讓它發亮,讓它發亮,讓它發亮”