The metropolitan police, the men, stood in one line formation.
都市警察,那些男人們一字排開
The women, we, the demonstrators, drew one another close.
女人們,我們,示威者,互相挨得很緊密
We were a bouquet knot of pink roses.
我們是一束緊密纏繞的粉色玫瑰
How can it be that all the cops are men and all for peace women?
怎么能讓所有的警察都是男性,而追求和平的都是女性呢
I can't live in such a world.
我無法生存在這樣的世界
I don't want to keep living out the myth that men fight and women mother.
我不想繼續生活在虛無的謊言里男人們戰斗,女人們哺育
We regressed. The junior high dance.
我們退化了,這是初中生的舉動
One boy crossed the wide floor, chose one girl, escorted her back to the other side where he arrested her.
男孩穿過走道,選擇一個女孩,把她護送回逮捕她的另一側

'My wife is gonna kill me.'
"我妻子會殺了我"
Said a black cop, 'I'm arresting Alice Walker.'
一名黑人警察說到 "我居然在逮捕愛麗絲·沃克"
'Don't hold hands with me said a white cop.'
"別抓著我的手"一名白人警察說
Shaking off his partner who was smiling up at him.
甩掉向他微笑的搭檔的手
'Don't take my arm either.'
"也別抓著我的胳膊"
They had each one of us stand by herself alongside the van and took our pictures.
他們把我們一個個分開,站在貨車旁,給我們照了相
'Quit smiling. What are you smiling for?
"別笑了,笑什么呢?
This is an arrest. This is your mugshot, not your prom photo.'
這是逮捕,是你的入罪大頭照,又不是舞會照"
I was smiling from happiness.
我笑是因為開心
My government will not disappear me,
我的政府不會抹去我生存的痕跡
the tarp was but backdrop for shooting pics and the beautiful pink aura was still upon me.
防水布做了拍照的布景,我周身依然籠罩著美麗的粉色氣息