We petted and talked to the horses.
我們輕撫著馬兒并和它們交談
But the SWAT tacs, one way glass over faces, everyone in the same robot stance.
但是特警就不同了,臉上都帶著玻璃帽,每個人都穿著同樣的機械制服
A rank of robots, weapons. Any women?
就像一排機器人,武器,有女人嗎
Can't tell. Impervious to us.
看不出來,他們不為我們所動
The officer shouting and giving us orders was a DC cop 'get off the street, arrests will begin in twenty minutes.'
警察們咆哮著,向我們下令是特區警察,叫著"20分鐘內離開街道,否則就逮捕你們"
Twenty minutes and more passed.
20分鐘乃至更久過去了
He announced again and again 'arrests in twenty minutes.'
他一遍遍的重復著“20分鐘后逮捕你們”
They didn't really want to arrest us.
其實他們并不想逮捕我們
They hoped that we would go away.
他們希望我們會自行離去

We were having a standoff.
我們僵持著
Without discussion, we twenty five women all together took slow steps backward threw the yellow tape.
不加討論地,我們25名婦女一起慢慢的往回走,丟著手上的黃絲帶
We waved our arms and pink scarves and ribbons,
我們揮舞著雙臂和粉色的絲帶
waving goodbye to our supporters who stood witness on the three far sides of the park.
向站在公園更遠處見證這一切的支持者們揮手再見
Waving goodbye to the police, we are getting off the street.
向警察們再見,我們離開了街道
We walked backwards, broke the yellow tape, up onto the curb, into the restricted zone White House sidewalk.
往回走,撕掉黃絲帶,退到街邊,退回到受限的白宮步行道上
Slowly, imperceptibly moving so as not to provoke violent arrest.
慢慢地,幾乎覺察不到地挪動著腳步以防挑起暴力的逮捕
Singing salaam, peace shalom.
唱著問安曲,和平的猶太問候曲
We reached the White House fence.
我們到了白宮圍墻邊