People feel powerless, and they are tired of not being heard.
群眾很多時候都會覺得自己有心無力,他們再也不希望自己的呼聲被無視了。
So what we do is concrete things,
所以我們要做的是基礎觀念的建立,
and we translate technical issues into citizen language
把專業問題轉述成百姓聽得懂的語言,
to show that citizens have a role to play and can play it together.
這樣才能讓他們覺得有責任團結一致貢獻自己的力量。
For the first time, we're tracking the promises that were made on clean transportation,
我們首次緊密地監督對無污染交通系統的承諾,
and politicos know that they have to deliver it,
政客也知道他們需要去傳達這個理念,
but the tipping point will come when we form coalitions -- citizens, companies, champions of public transportation
但是當我們形成了堅固的聯盟--民眾,公司,公共交通系統的擁護者
that will make electric mobility the new normal, especially in a developing country.
我們就會勢不可擋地將電力交通轉換為新的常態,特別是在發展中國家。
By the time the next election comes,
在下一屆選舉到來的時候,
I believe every candidate will have to disclose where they stand on the abolition of fossil fuels.
我相信每一位候選人都必須在摒棄化石燃料使用的這一問題上表態。
Because this question has to enter our mainstream politics.
因為這一問題勢必會成為政治主流。
And I'm telling you, this is not a question of climate policy or environmental agenda.
我還要告訴你們,這并不是一個氣候政策的問題,也不是一個保護環境的議程。
It's about the country that we want and the cities that we have
這一切都是為了我們想要的一個理想國度,我們擁有的城市,
and the cities that we want and who makes that choice.
我們想要的城市,以及由誰來做這些決定。
Because at the end of the day, what we have to show is that development with renewable energy is good for the people,
因為到最后,我們要展現的是,可再生資源的發展對人們是有益處的,
for Costa Ricans that are alive today and especially for those who haven't been born.
對今天活著的哥斯達黎加人,對還未出生的哥斯達黎加人都有益處。
This is our National Museum today.
這是我們的國家博物館。
It's bright and peaceful, and when you stand up in front of it,
明亮而平和,而當你站在它面前時,
it's really hard to believe these were military barracks at the end of the '40s.
很難相信這里曾經是40年代末的軍營。
We started a new life without an army in this place,
我們在這個沒有軍隊的地方展開了一段新的生活篇章,
and here is where our abolition of fossil fuels will be announced one day.
而這里終有一天也會是我們向全世界宣布摒棄化石燃料的地方。
And we will make history again. Thank you.
我們將又一次創造歷史。謝謝。