The other speculation with a little more time 45 seconds, why psychological torture is used,
還有一點時間 45秒吧另一種推斷就是,心理折磨被用來
is and, and this is not, this is just my opinion, I think that the experts, some, it's already been referred to
這并不僅僅是我的觀點我認為很多專家也引用過這一觀點
how the FBI maybe the paper that was mentioned that is available here,
在這里的論文也提到了這一個觀點
the people who do interrogations say torture doesn't work they say getting trust, getting alliance works a lot better.
聯邦調查局的審問人員說折磨不起作用,他們認為得到信任和他們組成聯盟更有作用
The FBI says that, experts in the CIA say it.
聯邦調查局這么說,中央情報局也這么說
So the question is: Why is torture used?
那么問題是,為什么還用酷刑呢?
Why is the abuse used?
為什么還施虐呢?
And I think it think it's used in ways that Zimbardo's study in Stanford prison says,
我認為會使用酷刑是因為津巴多在斯坦福的監獄里所做的研究表明
because when you have power over somebody, you, you can become perverted by it and
因為你有權力控制他們你可以因為權力變得反常
after 911, I think this country had a need for revenge and a need to avenge itself and psychologically
我認為911之后,這個國家需要報仇需要報復本身,需要心理上的復仇
even if we could get information that we needed by um, by alliance and by the er engagement with the er with the detainee,
即使我們可以通過結成同盟通過和扣押犯交流來獲取情報
the effort was instead to, to punish them, to show our strength by asserting ourselves over other people.
但我們需要懲罰他們,要表現出我們對別人的權力,宣揚我們的力量
So I think we come back to some maybe irrational ways
所以我覺得,這些方法可能不理性
but from a psychological point of view makes some sense to me.
但是從心理學的角度來看在我看來,是說得通的
Um, ok I have to, start let me tell you the story, that there because it shows how this the effects of torture sometimes are not seen.
讓我告訴你們一個故事它說明了折磨的后果是看不到