Dialogue 1
Jingjing and Mark are attending an end of the year meeting.
京晶和馬克在出席年終會議。
Mark: Okay, it looks like we're all here now. First things first, I'd like to introduce some new members to our team: Mr. Sei will be acting as our new business development officer.
馬克:好了,看起來人都到齊了。首先,我想介紹一些新加入我們團隊的成員:塞先生,他將擔任我們新的業務發展主任。
Jingjing: It's nice to have you here, Sei. I heard you're bringing loads of new contacts with you from your previous job. This is a big plus for our company.
京晶:很高興有你加入,塞先生。我聽說你從以前的工作中帶來了好多新的聯系人。這是我們公司的一大福利。
Mark: Next, I'd like to introduce Ms. Wateringsweet. She is going to be our new treasurer. If you have any questions about how our company is handling its money, you can ask her.
馬克:接下來,我想介紹一下沃特琳斯威特女士。她將擔任我們新的財務主管。如果您有關于我們公司財務的任何問題,都可以詢問她。
Jingjing: Okay, without further ado, let's get this meeting started!
京晶:好的,我們言歸正傳開始我們今天的會議吧!
習語短語
first things first=首先
business development officer=業務發展主任
loads of=很多
a big plus=一大優勢
treasurer=財務主管,出納
without further ado=沒有任何拖延;言歸正傳
Dialogue 2
Jingjing and Mark are in the middle of the meeting.
京晶和馬克都在開會中。
Mark: Okay, moving on, I'd like to talk to you about some new marketing strategies for next year. Usually, our colleague, Jacky Wu, would be presenting this topic, but he's away on a business trip.
馬克:好,我們繼續,接下來我想談談明年新的營銷策略。正常情況下,應該是我們的同事杰克·吳先生闡述這個話題,但他目前在出差。
Jingjing: He's done a lot of work for our company this year. I'm interested to know what he has in store for 2017.
京晶:他今年為我們公司做了很多工作,我很想知道他在2017有什么計劃。
Mark: Well, he's suggested that we increase our marketing budget by 15%. This will give us an edge on our competitors.
馬克:嗯,他建議我們增加15%的營銷預算。這將有助于提高我們的競爭優勢。
Jingjing: Wait, I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. Do you mean that we will be spending 15% more on marketing than we did this year?
京晶:等等,我想確保一下我的理解正確。你的意思是,我們將比今年在市場營銷上多支出15%?
Mark: That's right. As you know, a lot of other companies are in the same boat as us. They've been struggling to attract new customers.
馬克:是的。如你所知,有很多其他的公司都在和我們競爭。他們一直在竭盡全力吸引新客戶。
Jingjing: Interesting. Okay, can I have the floor now? I want to talk about another awesome change for 2017.
京晶:有意思。好吧,我現在可以開始講話了嗎?我想談談2017年的另一個變化。
Mark: It's all yours.
馬克:請!
Jingjing: Well, I'm proud to say that we will be implementing micro radio in 2017. It's gonna be a big game changer for us.
京晶:嗯,我很自豪地宣布,我們將在2017年實現微型電臺的應用,這將是一個巨大的顛覆。
Mark: Yes, that's right. This is perhaps the most exciting part of the New Year. How about this, let's break for lunch, when we return you can give us a detailed explanation of how this is gonna work?
馬克:是的。這也許是新的一年最值得期待的部分了。這樣吧,讓我們先吃午餐休息一下。回來之后你再給我們詳細地解釋一下?
Jingjing: Sounds great!
京晶:好的!
習語短語
moving on=接下來
have in store=計劃會有……
an edge=優勢
on the same page (as someone)=直譯為“在同一頁上”,表示意見一致達成共識
in the same boat (as someone)=在同樣的情況下或立場上
have the floor=有機會開始講話(通常在會議期間說)
game changer=指一個完全嶄新的、不同以往的東西