People who are more on the unconstrained vision would tend toward Utopianism or sometimes communism.
執本性不受約束觀點的人傾向烏托邦主義或共產主義。
Not always, but sometimes. Why? Because let's change human nature.
并非總是,有時是。為什么?讓我們來改變人類本性。
Self-interest is not good. It hurts in the long term.
自利不是好事。長遠來說是有害的。
and therefore we need to change it rather than the constrained vision people who said.
所以我們需要改變它,而認為本性受約束的人他們會說。
We may not like it, but it is what it is. We cannot change it.
我們也許不是那樣,但本性難移,不能改變它。
Let's make the best of it and channel it toward the good. Two radical views.
我們盡去完善它,把它導向好的,兩種皆然不同的觀點。
Two radical prescriptions based on people's notion perspective. So why am I telling you this.
基于人的觀念得到兩種皆然不同的手段,我為什么要給你們講這個?
This is not a political science class. Because it has every relevance to psychology as well.
這不是政治科學課程,因為它與心理學息息相關
It has every relevance to psychology: Do we perceive reality.
它與心理學息息相關,我們認識了現實嗎
Human nature as constrained or unconstrained will ultimately affect our psychology.
對人類本性執不同觀點,最終將影響我們心理。
And this is very meaningful and important. Let me explain.
這是非常有意義和重要的,我來解釋。
Now first of all, some people who have the constrained view when it comes to politics.
首先 有些人在政治上執受約束的觀點。
Have the unconstrained view when it comes to psychology, so it is not always consistent.
但在心理學上執不受約束觀點,并不總是一致。
Though it very often is. So the vision of psychology this course promotes.
但多數時是一致的,這門課提倡的心理學觀點。
Is the constrained view. In other words, my belief.
是本性受約束觀點,換言之,那是我相信的觀點。
And I am going to back that up with research today and for the next semester.
我會用三個研究加以證明,從今天開始直到下個學期
Is human nature is fixed. We have inclinations.
人類本性是固有的我們有欲望