Lady Gresham,may I introduce my niece Comtesse De Feuillide and Mr Fowle,Cassandra's fiance.
格萊謝姆夫人 請允許我介紹我的侄女 福伊德伯爵夫人 法沃 卡珊德拉的未婚夫
Comtesse? Then you presume to be French? By marriage.
伯爵夫人?那么說你是法國人? 我丈夫是法國人
Monsieur le Comte is not here to pay his respects?
你先生不來這里給我道安嗎?
A prior engagement,ma'am Monsieur le Comte was obliged to pay his respects to Madame le Guillotine.
夫人 他去赴另外一個約會了 伯爵先生已經駕鶴西去了
Oh!I see your nephew is with us again.
哦! 您的侄子也來了
Mr Wisley.Wisley is indispensable to my happiness.Well,do sit down.
衛斯理先生 衛斯理是我快樂的源泉 好了 都請坐吧
Mr Fowle and Cassandra are only recently engaged.
法沃和卡珊德拉最近剛剛訂婚
When shall you marry?
你們打算什么時候結婚?
Not for some time,Your Ladyship.Why not?
最近還不會 夫人 為什么?
I'm also engaged to go to the West Indies,with Lord Craven's expedition against the French,as chaplain.
作為克萊文爵士遠征軍隨軍牧師 我將要去西印度群島與法國人作戰
What has Craven offered you?I've hopes of a parish on my return.
克萊文答應給你什么報酬? 我回來之后可以有自己的教區
How much is it worth?
那個教區值多少?
Enough to marry on,in a modest way.
至少足夠結婚用的了
Mr Wisley,did you know the Basingstoke assemblies resume?
衛斯理先生 你知道嗎 貝辛斯托克又要開舞會了
Very soon,I believe.
我想很快就可以開始了
Jane does enjoy a ball.Wisley can't abide them.
簡非常喜歡舞會呀 衛斯理無法忍受這種場合