Like the time I was in Sichuan Province
有一次我去四川
and I was singing for kids in relocation schools in the earthquake disaster zone.
在地震災后的臨時小學里給孩子們唱歌
And this little girl comes up to me.
然后一個小女孩走過來
"Big sister Wong, Washburn, Wong, same difference.
王大姐,沃什伯恩和王差不多
"Big sister Wong, can I sing you a song that my mom sang for me before she was swallowed in the earthquake?"
王大姐,我能不能給你唱一下我媽媽再被地震吞噬前教我的歌曲?”
And I sat down, she sat on my lap. She started singing her song.
我坐下來,她坐在我膝蓋上。她開始唱
And the warmth of her body and the tears rolling down her rosy cheeks, and I started to cry.
我感到了她身體的的溫度,我看到了眼淚從她緋紅的臉頰滾落下來,我也哭了起來
And the light that shone off of her eyes was a place I could have stayed forever.
她眼中閃爍的光是我愿意相伴一生的東西
And in that moment, we weren't our American selves, we weren't our Chinese selves,
在那一刻,我們不是美國人,也不是中國人
we were just mortals sitting together in that light that keeps us here.
我們只是簡單的人,靜靜地坐在將我們心靈帶到一起的光里
I want to dwell in that light with you and with everyone.
我真想和你們所有人一起去那片光里看一看
And I know U.S.-China relations doesn't need another lawyer. Thank you.
我知道中美關系不再需要一個律師了。謝謝