9. Mandela 1994 Inaugural Address
9. 曼德拉1994年就職演說
We are both humbled and elevated by the honour and privilege that you, the people of South Africa, have bestowed on us,
對于南非的人民能授予我們這個榮耀和特權我感到非常榮耀與喜悅,
as the first President of a united, democratic, non-racial and non-sexist South Africa, to lead our country out of the valley of darkness.
讓我能夠成為這個統一的,民主的,沒有種族歧視,沒有性別歧視的南非的第一任總統,并且領導我們的國家走出黑暗的低谷。
The time for the healing of the wounds has come.
治愈創傷的時候已經來臨。
The moment to bridge the chasms that divide us has come.
西安、消除分隔我們的鴻溝的時刻已經來臨。
The time to build is upon us.
創建的時機就在眼前。
We have, at last, achieved our political emancipation.
我們終于取得了政治解放。
We pledge ourselves to liberate all our people from the continuing bondage of poverty, deprivation,
我們承諾,會將依然陷于貧窮、剝削、苦難、
suffering, gender and other discrimination.
受著性別及其他歧視的國人解放出來。
We succeeded to take our last steps to freedom in conditions of relative peace.
我們已經成功地在相對和平的情況下實現了自由。
We commit ourselves to the construction of a complete, just and lasting peace.
我們承諾要構建一個完整、公正、持久的和平環境。
We have triumphed in the effort to implant hope in the breasts of the millions of our people.
我們已成功地讓我們千千萬萬的國人的心中燃起希望。
We enter into a covenant that we shall build the society in which all South Africans, both black and white, will be able to walk tall,
我們立下誓約,要建立一個讓所有南非人,不論是黑人還是白人,都可以昂首闊步的社會。
Without any fear in their hearts, assured of their inalienable right to human dignity——a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world.
他們心中不再有恐懼,他們可以肯定自己擁有不可剝奪的人類尊嚴——這是一個在國內及與其他各國之間都保持和平的美好國度。
As a token of its commitment to the renewal of our country, the new Interim Government of National Unity will,
作為我國致力更新的證明,新的全國統一過渡政府的當務之急
as a matter of urgency, address the issue of amnesty for various categories of our people who are currently serving terms of imprisonment.
是處理目前在獄中服刑囚犯的特赦問題。
We dedicate this day to all the heroes and heroines in this country and the rest of the world
我們將今天獻給為我們的自由而獻出生命
who sacrificed in many ways and surrendered their lives so that we could be free .
和做出犧牲的我國以至世界其他地方的英雄們。
Their dreams have become reality.
他們的理想現已成真,
Freedom is their reward.
自由就是他們的報酬。