Lotus lily feet show from the hem of her gown.
她長袍的縫邊上有蓮花和百合。
She wanted to be a beauty. She lived to be 100.
她想要變得漂亮,她活到了100歲。
My mother lived to be 100.
我母親活到了100歲。
"One hundred and three," she said.
她說,是103歲。
Chinese lie about their age, making themselves older.
關于年齡,中國人總是似是而非,把自己說的更老些。
Or maybe she was 97 when the lady official from Social Security visited her,
那個社會保障部門的女官員訪問她的時候,她可能才97歲,
as the government visits everyone who claims a 100th birthday.
政府會拜訪每個過百歲生日的老人。
MaMa showed off; she pedalled her exercise bike, hammer-curled hot pink barbells.
媽媽是在炫耀,她踩著室內健身車,舉著熱粉色的杠鈴。
Suddenly stopped — what if So-so Security won't believe she's a century old?
突然一切都停止了——如果這樣,社保的人會不會不相信她已經100歲了?
Here's a way for calculating age:
這里有種計算年齡的方法:

Subtract from her age of death my age now.
從她去世的年齡剪去我現在的年齡。
100 minus 65 equals 35. I am 35 years-to-go.
100減去65是35,我還有35年的生命。
Lately, I've been writing a book a decade;
我寫一本書需要十年;
I have time to write 3 more books.
我還有時間寫3本書。
Jane Austen wrote 6 books.
簡奧斯丁寫了6本書。
I've written 6 books. Hers are 6 big ones, mine 4 big ones and 2 small ones.
我也已經寫了6本,她的是6本長篇,我的是4本長篇和2本短篇。
I take refuge in numbers.
我經常在數字中尋求庇護。
I waste my time with Sudoku.
用數獨來虛度時間。
Day dawns, I am greedy, helpless to begin 6-star difficulty Sudoku. Sun goes down;
黎明破曉,我非常貪婪,不惜一切的要完成6星級難度的數獨,太陽又下山了;
I'm still stuck for that square that will let the numbers fly into place.
我還困在那些方塊里,需要把數字紛紛歸位。