My colours and my home but rearranged.
我的膚色和重新布置過的家。
The crew had pushed the reds and greens and blues aside.
那些工作人員把紅色,綠色和藍色的物件推到一邊。
The photographer, a young woman, said 'great, great.'
攝影師,一個年輕的女人說:“很好,很好。”
From within my body, I can't sense that crease on my left cheek.
從心底深處,我無法感受到左邊臉的褶皺。
I have to get, win, compliments.
我需要得到,成功,贊美。
'You are beautiful.' 'So cute.' 'Such a kind face.' 'You are simple.'
“你真美。”“真可愛。”“多親切的臉啊。”“你很單純。”
You move fast.' 'Chocolate chip.'
“你走的很快。” “真是小甜心。”
A student I taught long ago called me chocolate chip
我很久前的一個學生給我打電話叫我巧克力甜心,
and only yesterday a lifelong friend told Earl,
就在昨天,一個終生的朋友告訴厄爾,
my husband, he's lucky, he's got me, the chocolate chip.
我的丈夫,他很幸運能娶到我這個巧克力小甜心。

They mean, I think, my round face and brown bead eyes.
我想他們指的是我圓圓的臉和棕色水滴般的雙眼。
I keep count, I mind that I be good looking.
我很在意自己好不好看。
I don't want to look like grandmother.
我不想看起來像我的奶奶。
Ah Po. Her likeness is the mask of tragedy.
阿婆,看似的相似處其實是悲劇的掩飾。
"An ape weeps when another ape weeps."
“一只猿猴哭是因為另一只在哭。”
She is Ancestress; she is prayed to.
她是人人敬仰的大家長。
She sits, the queen, centre of the family in China,
她坐著,像是中國家庭的中心。
centre of the family portrait (my mother in it too, generations of in-laws around her),
坐在家庭合照的中間(我母親也在那張照片里,所有的小輩都圍著她)。
all is black and white but for a dot of jade-green at Po's ears, and a curve of jade-green at her wrist.
所有都是黑白的,但是阿婆的耳朵上有翠綠的一點,手腕上還有翠綠的玉鐲。