Chapter Eight: The Escape
第八章:逃脫
"The Governor of California is here today," says Sergeant Gonzales.
“加利福尼亞州總督今天在這里,”岡薩雷斯警長說。
"Good!” says Captain Ramon. "I must speak to him.”
“好!”拉蒙隊長說,“我必須和他談談。”
"Good morning, Captain Ramon," says the Governor.
“早上好,拉蒙隊長。”總督說。
"I have your letter. Thank you for the information about the Pulido family. They are Zorro's friends.
“我有你的信。感謝您了解普利多家族的信息。他們是佐羅的朋友。
They are traitors. We must put them in prison and kill them! They are dangerous.”
他們是叛徒。我們必須把他們關在監獄里,殺了他們!他們是危險的。”
"What a good idea! My soldiers can arrest them today," says the Captain.
“真是個好主意!我的士兵今天要逮捕他們,”船長說。
A group of soldiers goes to the Pulido hacienda. They arrest Don Carlos, Dona Catalina and Lolita.
一群士兵去普利多大莊園。他們逮捕唐卡洛斯,卡特琳娜和洛麗塔。
They take them to prison. Don Carlos is furious. His wife and daughter cry.
他們帶他們去監獄。唐卡洛斯是相當的憤怒。他的妻子和女兒很傷心。
When Don Diego hears about this, he goes to the Governor. He asks him, "Why is the Pulido family in prison?"
唐·迭戈聽到這個消息,他去找總督問他,“為什么普利多一家在監獄里?”
The Governor answers, "They are Zorro's friends. They help and protect him. They are traitors!”
總督回答說:“他們是佐羅的朋友,他們幫助和保護他,他們是叛徒!
"I cannot believe this. I know them. They are honest people. They don't help bandits," says Don Diego.
“我不能相信這一點,我知道他們,他們是誠實的人,他們不會幫助土匪的。”唐·迭戈說。
"You are wrong, Don Diego. They must be punished. The punishment for traitors is death," says the Governor.
“你錯了,唐·迭戈,他們必須受到懲罰,對叛徒的懲罰是死亡。”總督說。