Chapter Nine: The Man behind the Mask
第九章:面具后面的人
The soldiers follow Zorro all night. They cannot capture him.
士兵整夜都跟著佐羅。他們捉不到他。
The next night Zorro silently enters the Governor's home.
第二天晚上,佐羅悄悄地進入總督的家。
He wants to talk to the Governor and Captain Ramon. They are sitting near the fire.
他想和總督和拉蒙隊長談談。他們坐在火爐旁。
Zorro enters and says, "Don't move and don't make a noise. I want to speak to you.”
佐羅靠近他們說:“不要動,不要發出聲音。我想和你談一下。”
He has a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other.
他手中有一支手槍,另一只手中有一把劍。
"Zorro! Why are you here?" asks the Governor. "You are here to die!” says Captain Ramon.
“佐羅!你為什么在這里?問總督。“你會死在這里的!”拉蒙隊長說。
"No," answers Zorro, "I am here to bring justice. I am here to learn the truth.
“不,”佐羅回答說,“我在這里是為了帶來正義。我在這里是為了真相。
Governor, you want to punish the Pulido family. Why?"
總督,你想懲罰普利多家庭。為什么?”
"They are traitors. They are your friends, Zorro! They help you.
“他們是叛徒,他們是你的朋友,佐羅!他們幫助你,
Your friends are my enemies," says the Governor.
你的朋友是我的敵人,”總督說。
"They are not traitors. They do not help me. They are not my friends," he says.
“他們不是叛徒,他們不幫助我,他們不是我的朋友,”他說。
"Look at this letter. It accuses them," says the Governor.
“看看這封信,它指責他們,”總督說。
Zorro reads the letter and says, "It is Captain Ramon's letter. He accuses the Pulido family.”
佐羅看完這封信說:“這是拉蒙隊長的信。他指責普利多家族。
Zorro looks at the Captain and says, "Captain, you are a liar but I am here to punish you.
佐羅看著隊長說:“隊長,你是一個騙子,我是來懲罰你的,
Tell the Governor the truth about the Pulido family.”
并且告訴州長普利多家族的真相。”