Dialogue 1
Mark: Woo hoo! I heard it's gonna snow today. I'm so excited!
馬克:哎呀呀!聽說今天會下雪。我太激動了!
Jingjing: Yeah, me too! Look outside! It's starting to flurry already.
京晶:是啊,我也是!嘿,看外面!已經開始飄雪花啦。
Mark: You're right! Okay, so what do you feel like doing first?
馬克:真的耶!那么,你想先做什么?
Jingjing: I wanna run outside and make a snow angel!
京晶:我想跑出去做雪天使!
Mark: That's boring! I think we should have a snow ball fight! Come on! It'll be fun.
馬克:太沒創意了吧!我覺得我們應該打雪仗!來吧!這會很有趣的。
Jingjing: The snow's not thick enough for a snow ball fight. We'll have to wait a few hours.
京晶:但是積雪還不夠厚。我們還得等幾個小時。
Mark: Okay. I tell you what, you go make a snow angel, and I'll make us some hot chocolate for us. It'll be ready when you come back inside.
馬克:好吧,那這樣吧,你去做雪天使,我來給我們準備一些熱巧克力。等你回來的時候就可以喝了。
Jingjing: Deal!
京晶:成交!
習語短語
flurry=非常小的雪(就像在談到雨時說的“毛毛細雨”)
What do you feel like doing?=你想要做什么?這里feel like指“喜歡”。
make a snow angel=做一個雪天使 (躺在雪地上,然后將你的手臂和腿內外滑動。當你站起來時,就會看到留下了一個類似于天使的印記)
snow ball fight=打雪仗
Dialogue 2
A few hours later, Jingjing and Mark are still having fun on this snowy day.
幾個小時后,京晶和馬克仍在享受下雪天的樂趣。
Mark: Holy cow! The snow is really coming down hard now!
馬克:哇塞!雪現在真的下大了!
Jingjing: I know! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
京晶:是呀!你現在跟我想的一樣么?
Mark: Yeah! Let's order a pizza! I'm starving!
馬克:是啊!我們訂個比薩吧!我快餓死了!
Jingjing: That's not what I was thinking actually…
京晶:其實這不是我在想的……
Mark: Oh?
馬克:哦?
Jingjing: I was gonna see if you were up for going sledding?
京晶:我是在想,你想不想去滑雪橇?
Mark: I'd love to, but last year my sled broke. Hey, how about we just rent a toboggan instead?
馬克:我很想去,但去年我的雪橇壞了。嘿,我們去租個雪橇怎么樣?
Jingjing: Rent a toboggan? Are you paying?
京晶:租雪橇?你付錢啊?
Mark: How about we go half and half?
馬克:我們一人一半怎么樣?
Jingjing: Fine, let's go!
京晶:好的,我們走吧!
習語短語
Holy cow!=由于興奮或驚異說出的話,類似“哇塞”!
up for (something)=打算
go sledding=滑雪橇
toboggan=雪橇,長型平底輕質雪橇(通常由薄板制成,一端向上彎曲,兩側有扶手)
go half and half=分攤支付
Dialogue 3
Jingjing and Mark have just reached the top of a big, snow-covered hill.
京晶和馬克來到了大雪覆蓋的山頂。
Jingjing: Wow, this is a great spot!
京晶:喲,這個地方不錯!
Mark: Yeah, it is. I' ve already forgotten our tiring trudge up this snowy hill.
馬克:是啊,真美。我都忘了一路跋涉上一座雪山多么令人疲憊。
Jingjing: You're telling me. I'm the one who dragged the toboggan most of the way.
京晶:可不是嗎?我可是一路上負責把雪橇拖上來的那個人。
Mark: And you're the one who said it was wonky for two people to tug.
馬克:你也是那個說兩個人拖雪橇會搖搖晃晃拿不穩的那個人。
Jingjing: Oh, so it's my fault, is it?
京晶:哦,那是我的錯咯?嗯?
Mark: Hey, take a chill pill. How about you ride in front. I'll use my extra energy to give us a running start and a good push.
馬克:別生氣,那你坐前面怎么樣?我來用剩余的力氣推一把我們的雪橇讓它跑起來吧。
Jingjing: That'd even things out between us. Let's get a move on.
京晶:這還差不多,那我們就扯平了。開始吧!
Mark: Ok, are you all set? Don't dig your heels into the snow. Keep them on the sled for steering.
馬克:好的,你準備好了嗎?別讓鞋踩到雪地了,讓它們都踩在雪橇上,方便駕駛。
Jingjing: This isn't that kind of toboggan. But I'll keep my arms and legs in the vehicle at all times.
京晶:這不是那種雪橇啦,不過我也會隨時隨地保持手腳不離雪橇。
Mark: Let's see how fast this thing can go. Hold on tight!
馬克:讓我們看看這玩意能跑多快,扶好了!
習語短語
Snow-covered=白雪覆蓋的
trudge up a hill=跋涉上山
You're telling me=還用你說,完全同意
wonky=搖晃的,不穩的
Tug=拉、拽、扯
take a chill pill=冷靜下來
That'd even things out between us=我們扯平了
Steering=掌舵