介詞引導的賓語從句
1. 介詞+賓語從句
短語動詞中的介詞與that引導的賓語從句連用,介詞直接掛賓語從句。例如:
We are talking about whether we admit students into our club.
我們正在討論是否讓學生加入我們的俱樂部。
The new book is about how Shenzhou 11 manned spaceship was sent up into space.
這本新書是關于神舟11號載人航天飛船是如何升入太空的。
The boy was interested in whatever he saw here.
那個孩子對在那里看到的任何事物都感興趣。
2. 介詞+形式賓語it+賓語從句
短語動詞中的介詞與that引導的賓語從句連用時,需增加形式賓語it,位于真實賓語之前。例如:
You may depend upon it that they will support your proposal.
你可以相信他們將支持你的意見。
We will answer for it that the apparatus is of good quality.
我們保證該儀器的質量很好。
3. 介詞except, but, besides, beyond, in, save引導賓語從句
in that“在于;因為”,其余五個都是“除了”之意。注意:必須接that,不可省,并與that構成復合詞,起連詞作用。例如:
I know nothing about my new neighbor except that he used to work with a company.
對于我的新鄰居我除了知道他曾在一家公司上班外,其他一無所知。
He gave us several examples besides that he explained the theory.
他除了給我們解釋理論之外,還給我們舉了好幾個例子。
We do not know anything except that she was married to a priest and she ran away from that marriage.
除了她和一個牧師結婚了,并從婚姻生活中逃走了,我們什么都不知道。
Nothing would please him but that we go along.
除了我們繼續進行下去之外,什么都不會使他開心。
I heard nothing beyond that he is ill.
除了他生病之外,我并未聽說其他。
There was no sound save that from time to time a bird called.
除了兩聲鳥叫之外,一點聲音也沒有。
I prefer his plan to yours in that I think it is more practical.
我更喜歡他的計劃,因為他的計劃比你的更實際。
形容詞引導的賓語從句
把形容詞理解為動詞功能。常用來引導賓語從句的形容詞有:表示主觀感受的形容詞,在語義邏輯上等同于謂語表達,后面接名詞性從句可理解為它的賓語。如sure, certain, glad, pleased, happy, sorry, afraid, satisfied, surprised, ashamed, anxious, aware, annoyed, certain, confident, convinced, disappointed, determined, glad, proud, satisfied, thankful, worried等。例如:
I am sure that I will pass the exam.
我確信我會通過考試。
I am sorry that I have troubled you so long.
很抱歉我這么長時間在打擾你。
He is glad that his wife looked after him when he was ill.
他很高興在他生病的時候他妻子照顧了他。
I am afraid that you've misunderstood your boss.
我擔心你誤解了你的老板。
She was so afraid that Grandma would leave and there would be no one to take care of us.
她深怕外婆會離開,那樣的話就沒有人照料我們了。
Are you aware that there is a difficulty?
你意識到這件事有難度了嗎?
Yet she felt certain, after a while, that she was traveling the same street over and over.
可過了一會兒,她清楚地感覺到,她正一遍又一遍地走過相同的街道。