Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Hey, Mark. How did Singles' Day go? I forgot to ask you about it.
京晶:嘿,馬克。我忘了問你了,你光棍節過得如何呀?
Mark: What's Singles' Day?
馬克:什么是光棍節?
jingjing: It's November 11 of every year. Think about it, November is the eleventh month, and on the eleventh day there are four ones in the date. It represents singles.
京晶:就是每年的11月11日。想想看,11月是第十一個月份,11號這天正是四個1構成的日期,它代表單身。
Mark: Oh, well, that explains why there were so many single ladies walking in the park on that day. In fact, I was just about to head out the door. I have a date with a girl I met at the park that day!
馬克:哦,這就解釋了為什么那天有這么多的單身女孩在自己逛公園。話說,我今天跟那天在公園遇見的一個女孩有個約會,正要出門呢!
Jingjing: Wait wait wait, really? I want details!
京晶:等等等等,真的嗎?求細節!
Mark: I wish I could, but she's gonna be here any minute to pick me up. Oh, speak of the devil! She's here now.
馬克:我也想,但她隨時可能會過來接我。哈,說曹操曹操到!她到了。
Jingjing: Oh, my gosh! That's great. Tell me her name!
京晶:哦,我的天哪!太好了。快告訴我她的名字!
Mark: Her name's Poppy. Anyways, I really gotta get rolling.
馬克:她的名字叫波碧。好啦,我真的得走啦。
Jingjing: Okay, okay. I'll catch you later. Take care and have fun!
京晶:好吧,好吧。回頭再聊,好好玩!
Mark: Bye!
馬克:嗯,好!
習語短語
single=單身
head out the door=離開;出發
I want details!=快告訴我所有細節!
any minute=很快,隨時
speak of the devil=說曹操曹操到
get rolling=離開;出發
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Oh,my gosh, Mark! You made it home in one piece! I was worried sick about you! What happened?
京晶:哦,我的天哪,馬克!你終于安全到家了!我擔心死了!到底發生什么事了?
Mark: (sniff sniff, cough cough) I was walking around the park with Poppy when suddenly the weather became terrible. I didn't expect it to get so cold so quickly.
馬克:(呼哧呼哧,咳嗽咳嗽)我正和波碧在公園溜達,突然天氣就變壞了。我沒想到天會冷得這么快。
Jingjing: Mark! What were you thinking? You should have bundled up before you went outside. The weatherman said it was going to snow 10 inches tonight.
京晶:馬克!你怎么想的?你應該多穿點兒。氣象員說今晚會下10英寸厚的大雪。
Mark: Yeah. It turned into a blizzard! Anyways, the car wouldn't start when it was time to leave. I spent about 30 minutes in the bitter cold trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally, we ended up calling a tow truck.
馬克:是的。真的下了暴風雪!要離開的時候車子就是無法啟動。我在嚴寒中修車修了30分鐘試圖找出問題。最后沒辦法,還是叫了一輛拖車。
Jingjing: Well, I'm glad you're okay. But it seems like you're a little under the weather now.
京晶:我很高興你沒事。但你現在似乎有點兒不舒服。
Mark: I think I'll be okay. My hands are numb though.
馬克:我想應該沒事,就是我的手都凍麻了。
Jingjing: Really? Quick! Run your hands under cold water right now. You might have frost bite.
京晶:真的嗎?快!把你的手在冷水里沖一會。你可能被凍傷了。
Mark: Okay okay. (Mark runs his hands under cold water.) Ahhh, that feels much better.
馬克:好吧,好吧。(馬克在冷水里沖手。)哎呀,這下感覺好多了。
Jingjing: See, I told you that would help. Now go upstairs and hit the sack. You need to get some rest.
京晶:你看,我就說這么做會有用吧。現在快上樓睡覺吧。你需要好好休息一下。
Mark: Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
馬克:好吧,我們明天再聊。謝謝你的幫助!
Jingjing: Don't mention it!
京晶:客氣什么,晚安!
習語短語
make it home in one piece=安全到達
worried sick=擔心死了,非常擔心
bundle up=穿很多御寒的衣服
blizzard=暴雪
bitter cold=極冷的天氣
tow truck=拖車
under the weather=生病,身體不適
numb=麻木,沒有感覺
frost bite=凍傷,凍僵了
hit the sack=睡覺,就寢