Thank you. I've got a question for you. Thank you so much.
謝謝您的演講。我有個問題想請教您。非常感謝您的演說。
Now, when we were on the phone a few weeks ago,
幾星期前,我們有過一次電話通訊,
you mentioned to me that there was quite an interesting result came out of that Gallup survey.
當時您提到您從蓋洛普的調查中發現了一個有趣的現象。
Is that something you can share since you do have a few moments left now?
請問您可以跟我們分享一下嗎?我們還有幾分鐘的時間。
Sure. I think the most interesting result that we found in the Gallup survey is a number,
沒問題。我從蓋洛普調查中發現了一個極有趣的數字,
which we absolutely did not expect to find.
能發現它實屬意外。
We found that with respect to the happiness of the experiencing self.
我們發現一個關于經驗自我的快樂的現象。
When we looked at how feelings, vary with income.
那就是人的感覺會隨收入的多少而變化。
And it turns out that, below an income of 60,000 dollars a year, for Americans
結果表明,對于年收入低于六萬美元的美國人而言,
and that's a very large sample of Americans, like 600,000, so it's a large representative sample
這占了樣本中的很大一部分,將近有六十萬人,這些人是相當具有指標性的,
below an income of 600,000 dollars a year... 60,000. 60,000.
這些年收入低于六十萬美元...是六萬美元。六萬美元。
60,000 dollars a year, people are unhappy,
年收入六萬美元的人是不快樂的,
and they get progressively unhappier the poorer they get.
而且收入越低,他們則逾不快樂。
Above that, we get an absolutely flat line.
而當收入逾六萬時,我們則得到一條標準水平線。
I mean I've rarely seen lines so flat.
難得看到這么平坦的線。
Clearly, what is happening is money does not buy you experiential happiness,
顯然金錢是無法買到經驗自我的快樂,
but lack of money certainly buys you misery, and we can measure that misery very, very clearly.
但沒錢卻的確能給你帶來悲郁的境況,而且我們清楚地測到痛苦的程度,非常清楚。
In terms of the other self, the remembering self, you get a different story.
對于另一個自我,記憶自我而言。你則有了一個大相逕庭的故事。
The more money you earn, the more satisfied you are. That does not hold for emotions.
你賺的越多,你就越滿意。這跟情感沒有任何關聯。