Dialogue 1 京晶和馬克談論國慶假期
Mark: Hey, Jingjing. How's it hanging? Did you have a good National Day?
馬克:嘿,京晶,你怎么樣?國慶節過得好嗎?
Jingjing: I'm doing well, thanks. Yeah, I had a blast on my holiday.I spent time with friends and family. I couldn't ask for anything better!
京晶:我很好,謝謝。我的假期是與朋友和家人在一起度過的,非常開心,簡直不能再幸福了!
Mark: Cool. You know, it seems like we haven't seen each other in ages. I can't believe a whole week has gone by already!
馬克:酷,你知道,我們好像好久好久沒見了。我不敢相信整整一個星期都已經過去了!
Jingjing: Yeah, I know what you mean. I was definitely happy to see you again after all this time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. So what did you do on your holiday? Let me guess, you went to a park?
京晶:是啊,我明白你的意思。又能見到你我特別高興,一日不見,如隔三秋(分開久了還挺想你的)。話說你假期做了什么呢?讓我猜猜,你去了公園?
Mark: Actually, I did! How did you know?
馬克:猜對了!你怎么知道的?
Jingjing: Honestly, I just took a shot in the dark.
京晶:說實話,我只是胡亂猜的。
Mark: Wow! You're amazing! Anyways, I went to a flower garden in Beijing to look at lavenders. It was a really great day.
馬克:哇!你也太厲害了!嗯,我去了一個北京的花圃看薰衣草。那天過得特別開心。
Jingjing: So that's it? You went to a park to look at flowers? That doesn't sound like much fun.
京晶:就這樣兒?你就去了一個公園看花?這聽起來并不像很有趣的樣子啊。
Mark: Well, I snapped lots of photos there too. And it wasn't just me at the park. There were tons of people there taking wedding photos.
馬克:嗯,我還拍了很多照片。而且公園里不只有我,還有好多好多人在拍婚紗照。
Jingjing: Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. A lot of people get hitched during this holiday. Anyways, I gotta make like a tree and leave. I have some work waiting for me in the office.
京晶:是吧,這并不奇怪。很多人都趕在這個假日結婚。好了,我得走了。我還有一些工作等著我做呢。
Mark: Okay,I'll see ya later.
馬克:好吧,回頭見。
習語短語
How's it hanging?=[非正式] 你最近好嗎?
have a blast=過了一段開心的時光
in ages=用來表達已經過去了很長一段時間
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.=兩個人分開越久,他們就越想念對方,并希望看到對方。
take a shot in the dark=胡亂猜測
lavender=薰衣草
snap(photos)=拍(照片)
tons of=[俚語]很多
get hitched=結婚
make like a tree and leave=離開
Dialogue 2 馬克京晶談論萬圣節裝扮
Jingjing: Hey, Mark, I saw you staring into outer space. Just thought I'd come and say hello. What are you thinking about?
京晶:嘿,馬克,我看你一直盯著天空發呆。就想過來和你打個招呼。你在想什么呢?
Mark: Oh, hey, Jingjing. Yeah, I was just thinking about what I'm going to be for Halloween.
馬克:哦,嘿,京晶。我只是在想萬圣節要扮成什么。
Jingjing: Hallo-what?
京晶:萬,什么?
Mark: Halloween. It's held on October 31 every year. I was invited to a costume party, so I have to choose a costume.
馬克:萬圣節,每年的10月31日。今年我被邀請去參加一個化妝舞會,所以我必須選擇一套服裝。
Jingjing: Well, you look pretty scary already, just go as yourself!
京晶:你本人看起來已經很嚇人了,就這樣直接去就好了!
Mark: I'm serious, quit clowning around with me.
馬克:別胡鬧,我是認真的。
Jingjing: Well, you could dress up as a fire man. What do you think about that?
京晶:嗯,你可以裝扮成一個消防員。你覺得怎么樣?
Mark: That's lame. I was thinking about something more original, like an alien or something.
馬克:太遜了。我在想一些更有創意的,像外星人什么的。
Jingjing: Cool, you won't have to change much.
京晶:酷,那你根本不需要做太多改變。
Mark: Hey! That's not very nice! I don't have to put up with that.
馬克:嘿!我生氣了??!太過分了。
Jingjing: Haha, I'm just joking, geez! Just be whatever you want. I'm sure you'll have a good time no matter what you choose to wear.
京晶:哈哈,我只是開玩笑而已,依照你自己的想法去做就好啦。我敢肯定,不管你選擇扮成什么,都會玩得很開心。
習語短語
stare into outer space=凝視天空;發呆
What are you going to be for Halloween?=[固定問法]用來問別人萬圣節會裝扮成什么。
costume party=化妝舞會,每個人都必須裝扮起來
costume=一套裝扮,讓你看起來像一個不同的人;戲服
quit clowning around=別胡鬧,是認真的!
lame=無趣;無聊;平淡
alien=外星人
put up with=容忍