The Vietnam War was raging and in the shadow of my convention, Robert Kennedy was assassinated.
越南戰爭還在肆虐 正值我畢業之時 羅伯特.肯尼迪遇刺身亡
Our political system was in chaos But as we strode across that stage to receive our diplomas.
我們的政治系統亂作一團 但我們跨越了獲得學位時的這段時期
To a person we were absolutely confident that the naysayers were wrong and that there were significant possibilities available to us.
現在的我們完全有信心說 否定者們錯了 我們其實是有大量機遇可以把握的
We ended the war in Vietnam, we ended the nuclear stalemate the United States secured civil rights.
我們結束了越南戰爭 我們結束了核對峙 美國確保了民權
Fundamentally altered women's rights for the better began an environmental movement that's far from finished.
根本上改善了女性權利 開始了一場至今仍在持續的環境運動
Ushered in an information age that shrunk the world beyond recognition and in the process .
開辟了信息時代 以前人無法想象的方式讓世界越來越小
Lay the foundation for a period of technological innovation.
在這個過程中 我們為科技革新奠定了基礎
That generated the world's strongest economy in the 70s, 80s and the 90s Today, you're all graduating into another world.
創建了70 80 90年代世界最強的經濟體 今天你們畢業后 將踏入另一個世界
That has changed equally and profoundly Different dangers and different possibilities.
它的改變同樣而深刻 具有不同危險 不同可能性
Climate change left unattended by people with whom I work and I marvel at whether they got an education.
氣候變化 我認識的一些人甚至覺得沒必要在意 我對此感到驚詫 他們就像沒受過教育
I'm serious To deny climate change today.
我是認真的 在今天竟然還否認氣候變化