I'll go through them briefly now and elaborate on each in the next couple of lectures, interweaving them
我會先簡短地介紹一下 再逐個闡述在接下來的幾節課里 會分別對它們
With studies, research as well as applications. First, this course as I mentioned first is about bridge building:
進行學習 研究 和應用正如我開始時提到的 這課程是關于搭建橋梁的
Bridge building among disciplines, eclectic, and bridge building in terms of academia and Main street.
搭建學科之間的橋梁 廣集思源并搭建學術界與社會之間的橋梁
The specialization is very often dominant in academia. The approach of this course,
專業化常在學術界占主導地位本課程的做法
With all its challenges, is the opposite. Once again I wouldn't be teaching this class,
正好相反如果我認為沒有改變的可能
If I didn't change is possible. There is a lot of research in psychology, a lot of
就不會教這節課心理學的研究有很多
evidence that shows how difficult change is. So I will argue that change is possible,
很多證據顯示 改變是非常困難的事我認為改變是可能的
Whether it's individual change, organizational change.
無論是個人變化還是組織變革
And we'll start to look at how it's possible. Just the very basic level of the spiral.
我們將探討為什么是可能的這只是整個螺旋的最基本層次
We have an entire week just devoted to change. We will elaborate on that:
我們本周只討論 改變 我們會詳細討論
Techniques, methods, tools. Third, premise related to the first
技巧 方法 工具第三 這個前提與
Internal factors primarily determine happiness this is what I'm going to argue for
決定幸福的內部因素有關這是我要討論的
Is opposed to happiness which is primarily function of external circumstances.
與決定幸福的外部環境無關
Not saying that the external circumstances are not important, we should focus also on improving them, bettering them,
并不是說 外部環境不重要我們同樣應該注重改善外部環境
Whether for ourselves, for society at large. However, happiness primarily
無論是我們自己 或對整個社會然而 幸福主要