It may be you're right.
你也許是對的
But say all we done is show the world that democracy isn't chaos,
但我們所做的一切都是為了向世界展示 民主并不是一團混亂
that there is a great invisible strength in a people's union?
有一種無形的偉大力量蘊于民眾團結之中
Say we've shown that a people can endure awful sacrifice and yet cohere?
即使承受巨大的犧牲 我們也做到了團結一致
Mightn't that save at least the idea of democracy to aspire to?
這難道還不夠挽救人們對民主的信念
Eventually, to become worthy of?
并最終讓他們覺得民主是值得的嗎
At all rates, whatever may be proven by blood and sacrifice must've been proved by now.
無論如何 流血和犧牲能證明的東西 現在都已經證明
Shall we stop this bleeding?
我們能結束這場血戰嗎
Once he surrenders, send his boys back to their homes,their farms, their shops.
投降之后 把戰士們送回他們的家園 他們的農場 他們的店鋪
Yes sir, as we discussed.Liberality all around. No punishment. I don't want that.
是的 先生 像我們說定的那樣 寬大處理 不要懲罰 我不想那樣
And the leaders, Jeff and the rest of 'em.
領頭的那些 杰夫跟其他人
If they escape, leave the country while my back's turned,that wouldn't upset me none.
就算他們趁我不留意逃到國外 我也不會追究
When peace comes it mustn't just be hangings.
和平不是表面工作
By outward appearance,you're ten years older than you were a year ago.
看看你的外表 比去年老了十歲
Some weariness has bit at my bones.
疲倦已經深入骨髓了