in most cases, and their whole world is being torn apart.
在大多數情況下,他們的整個世界正在四分五裂,
And they're just the kind of people we need to get us out of this economic morass
而且他們不是屬于那種屬于經濟困境的人,
because they've done well in high school and they're wanting to go to college. They're not eligible for scholarships.
因為他們在高校很優異,他們想上大學。他們沒有資格獲得獎學金,
And I think its part of this issue that we've been talking about that they're seen as this invasive other.
并且這個問題的一部分,我們一直談論,視他們為侵入者。
And its just, that's something that I'm ashamed of.
這只是,我感到很羞愧的事,
And it's also sending out ambassadors of ill-will all over the world.
并且我們也向世界各地派出充滿敵意的大使。
Its not even practical or sensible; its just craziness.
這甚至不實際,也不明智;這只是瘋狂。

I want to say something else about the Dream Act which surprises and appalls me:
我想說一些其他使我又驚又怕的關于夢想的事:
its not only students and young people, but you could join the military, you could serve in Afghanistan,
這不僅僅是學生和年輕人,你也可以參軍,你可以去阿富汗,
you could serve three tours of duty in Iraq and you cannot be a citizen.
服役,你可以在伊拉克進行三次的巡查任務,但你不能成為一個公民,
Can you imagine being in the American army and after you come back, if you come back, you are not allowed to be a citizen?
你能想象在美軍服役后回來,你都不被允許成為一名美國公民嗎?
I think through all the wars,
我認為所有的戰爭,
it's unfortunate that it has to be wars, but so many minority people joined the army thinking that they are going to earn their citizenship.
很不幸這就是戰爭,但許多外來人口參軍只是想能得到他們的公民身份。