November 12
11月12日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Titles are a polite way to address people.
稱謂是稱呼別人的一種禮貌。
Taylor would rather be called Ms. Jones instead of Miss Jones.
泰樂寧可別人稱呼她瓊斯女士,而不是瓊斯小姐,
She definitely doesn't want to be called Tyler!
她絕對不想只被稱呼為臺樂!
Alex made a sign and name tags for Professor Lee and his staff.
亞力克斯為李教授和他的工作人員制作了一張標語和他們的名牌,
He checked them all carefully!
他全部都仔細檢查了一遍!
Taylor can't wait to meet Professor Lee.
泰樂等不及要和李教授見面了。
Conversation A
會話A
Taylor, how do people address you?
泰樂,別人都怎么稱呼妳?
Most people call me Miss Jones.
大多數人都稱呼我瓊斯小姐。
Do you like the title Ms. instead of Miss?
比起小姐,妳比較喜歡女士這個稱謂嗎?
Yes. So I just tell them.
沒錯,所以我都直接告訴他們。
People often use Miss for women that aren't married.
一般人經常以小姐稱呼沒有結婚的女性,
But I think Ms. is more professional.
可是我覺得女士這個稱謂比較專業。
That's true.
的確。
But something else bothers me more.
可是另外一件事更讓我很困擾而且不開心,
Some people call me Tyler.
有些人會叫我臺樂。
Conversation B
會話B
Are you ready for Professor Lee's visit, Alex?
亞力克斯,你為李教授的參訪做好準備了嗎?
I hope so.
希望如此,
I made name tags for him and his staff.
我為他和他的工作人員制作了名牌。
Did you spell their names correctly?
你有沒有把他們的名字拼對?
Yes. I checked them all carefully.
有,我全都仔細檢查過了。
And I wrote "Professor Lee" not Teacher Lee!
我還寫了「李教授」,不是李老師!
Good. He'll arrive in about 20 minutes.
很好,再過二十分鐘左右他就會到了。
OK, I'll check the sign by the front door, too.
好,我也會去檢查大門旁的標語,
But it should be correct.
那應該沒有錯。
Conversation C
會話C
Professor Lee, Thank you for visiting our studio.
李教授,謝謝您到我們的攝影棚來。
You're welcome. I'm glad to be here.
不客氣, 我很高興能夠來。
Our producer can't wait to meet you.
我們的制作人已等不及要和您見面了。
Wonderful. And I'd also like a tour of your studio.
太好了,我也想參觀一下你們的攝影棚。
Sure. I will show you around after your meeting.
沒問題,我會在你們的會議后帶您到處看看。
That's fine. But I can only stay for an hour.
好的, 可是我只能待一個小時。
OK. I'll give you a quick tour.
好,我為您安排一場簡短的導覽。