Lesson 5 Small Talk
第五課 閑聊
November 11
11月11日
How Do I Address You?
該如何稱呼您?
Read it!
讀讀看!
Alex is planning Professor Lee's visit to the studio.
亞力克斯正在規劃李教授到攝影棚參訪的行程。
He called him Teacher Lee by mistake on the phone.
他在電話上誤把他稱呼為李老師。
Sometimes people address Susie the wrong way, too.
有時候,別人也會以錯誤的方式稱呼蘇希,
So she corrects them.
所以她會糾正對方。
Alex is looking at an envelope.
亞力克斯正看著一個信封,
It's addressed to Dr. Alex Lin.
那個信封上的收件人寫著"亞力克斯.林醫師"。
But he is not a doctor. It's very strange.
可是他不是醫生, 真是很奇怪。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Alex. What are you doing?
嗨,亞力克斯,你在做什么?
Hi, Taylor. I am planning Professor Lee's visit to the studio.
嗨,泰樂,我在規劃李教授到攝影棚參訪的行程。
Oh, right. He's coming here tomorrow.
哦,對了,他明天要來。
But I'm embarrassed.
可是我很尷尬,
I called him Teacher Lee by mistake.
我一時說錯,把他叫成李老師。
Oh dear. Was he upset?
唉呀,他有生氣嗎?
A little. He wasn't very happy.
有一點,他不太高興。
But he's still coming to the studio. That's good.
可是他還是會來攝影棚, 這樣就好。
Conversation B
會話B
Susie, do people call you Ms. or Miss?
蘇希,別人都稱呼妳女士還是小姐?
People call me Ms. But I like Miss better.
別人都稱呼我女士, 可是我比較喜歡小姐。
So people sometimes address you the wrong way.
所以別人有時候會以錯誤的方式稱呼妳。
Yes. But I correct them.
沒錯,可是我會糾正他們。
I see.
原來如此。
But I make mistakes, too.
可是我也會犯錯,
I called a lady Mrs. Jones once.
我有一次把一位女士稱呼為瓊斯太太。
What's wrong with that?
這樣有什么錯?
She wasn't married.
她并沒有結婚啊。
Conversation C
會話C
Alex, what are you doing?
亞力克斯,你在做什么?
I'm looking at this envelope.
我在看這個信封。
Why? Is the letter for you?
為什么?這封信是寄給你的嗎?
Yes. But it's addressed to Dr. Alex Lin.
是,可是收件人寫著"亞力克斯.林醫師"
But you're not a doctor.
可是你不是醫生啊。
I know. It's very strange.
是啊,真的很奇怪。
Who is the letter from?
那封信是誰寄的?
I'm not sure. But they don't know me very well!
我不確定, 可是他們顯然不太認識我!